“Great service, average food”

Bold Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #15 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have given Bold three chances to give us an excellent meal and each time we left feeling like we've paid too much for average food. You can expect to pay around $65 for two people and that is with one glass of wine. You will enjoy good service.

There are newer reviews for Bold Restaurant & Catering

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

BOLD is one of my favorite restaurants and probably one of the best in Kalamazoo. Excellent food and drinks. Fine dining quality and ingredients on familiar foods- that is what I love about this place. Favorites include the risotto fritters, bacon flatbread, BOLD shrimp, goat cheese dip, corn chowder, salmon, petite peanut butter cups, all the after dinner drinks and the large list of various specials each time we go. Some of the off menu special items I've loved include the roasted vegetable goat cheese soup, beef tenderloin skewers and crawfish.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I love this place. The food is interesting and flavorful. The menu is varied. The small plates are perfect for most appetites. The owner is proud of his cuisine and atmosphere.

I like eating at restaurants that cook differently than my husband. This requirement means that we do not eat out often because few restaurants live up to my lofty expectations. Bold does and I have never been disappointed.

And as the name implies, many dishes have a bit of boldness to them.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you want a relaxing evening,with excellent food & wine,this is in my top five.
Mondays,50% off small plates.Wed' 50% off a bottle of wine.
The service,also is great,with knowledgable wait staff.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

we had been told the best restaurant in Kalamazoo was in a strip mall in Texas Town ship and I thought it was a joke. But this is the best Place to eat in West Michigan. The wine list was very good and the small plates are just enough for two people to share a few. My wife and I have not gotten to much of the main menu yet because the special are always so good. Make reservations there almost always full but you can get a seat at the bar if your early enough. Good Eatting

1  Thank AnthonyIn