All reviews front desk dog show room was clean nice place to stay pets university microwave highway housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2019

stayed at Red Roof in kalamazoo 03/27/2019, the room is filthy, disgusting, with bodily fluids all over the furniture, bed skirting, the sheets are stained and the smell is awful in the room. I cant believe they let this place get this way. holes in the walls, nothing is washed or cleaned -

Room tip: do not stay at the red roof in kalamazoo
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank makethisworldbetter
Alyssa M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I can assure you that we wash all of our linens and the furniture is free of such fluids. I would love to discuss your stay in more detail, if you can please call me at 269-375-7400. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

We came to Kalamazoo on an emergency basis for a critically ill relative. We live in NE Ohio and grabbed our clothes and dog and drove 4.5 hrs to Kalamazoo. Sadly, our choices with a dog for a hotel were one for 200.00 a night or the Red Roof Inn across from Western Michigan University. ( Booking.com was totally wrong about dog friendly motels.)
We were on the second floor, and after walking by a door to a room that was kicked in and taped off, we found our room. We opened the door and the smell of heavily sprayed room deodorizer nearly gagged me. The room was fairly clean, but the desk chair was well worn, the curtains had a pattern on them that I later discovered was paint drippings from the ceiling, my bed had a comforter with holes in 4 places on the underside, and there were stains on the sheets.!!!! Needless to say, I slept in my clothes with my head in the hood of my sweatshirt! Lol, even my dog, who never sleeps on the bed, slept up there with me all night!
Had my relative not been rushed to the nearby Ascension Borgess Hospital from another part of Michigan, we would have looked elsewhere.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimhA2737DG
Alyssa M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay, especially during this trying time for you, please accept my sincerest apologies. I will most certainly be sharing your comments with housekeeping to assure this issue does not repeat itself. I am happy to say we got all brand new bedding and we hope to get a chance to better serve you in the future so you can experience this awesome improvement.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Easily one of the more comfortable and clean motels in Kalamazoo which is astonishing considering it's a budget motel and they don't always have the best reputation

While it's extremely close to the highway and busy roads you can hardly tell. You can hear noise coming from next door but luckily it was just during the day and not a big deal

This is one of the few motels in kzoo that still remain to at least look and smell smoke free, a lot of places are willing to look the other way.

Clean, comfortable and the staff is friendly for the most part

B+

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank markgT5191LY
Alyssa M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a positive review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are thrilled that it was peaceful and clean and hope to see you again in the future as we truly value your business.

Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

Hotel price was great! Rooms were clean. Our sheets were still damp. I guess that's a good thing. Tells me they were cleaned. Breakfast was okay. Will probably stay again if in town. All great things. No complaints.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Alyssa M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2018

I really enjoyed my stay, the hotel staff was awesome!!!! My room was clean, no odors(not even cigarette smoke or dog), and it was quiet at night, even though very close to freeway. I'd definitely stay again!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Alyssa M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so happy you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and we look forward to having you stay in the future!