All reviews front desk dog show room was clean nice place to stay pets university highway microwave housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2016

I spent one night here. There were no amenities in the room at all. The bathtub was filthy I finally tried cleaning it out myself when no response from front desk. I had to go to the lobby to get toilet paper, shampoo and towels. I have never stayed anywhere that the tub and the floor looked like this hotel.

Room tip: Ask for amenities before booking.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
BSigourney, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Lorriewilken,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan University. Please accept my apologies for the issues that had occurred. I have shared your feedback with my staff and have utilized your review as a training tool. Corrective measures have been taken to ensure treatment like this does not happen again.
Brittany S.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

The advertisement on the hotel TV says 100% Smoke Free. This is not at all true! We stayed for three nights - Sept. 8 through Sept. 11, 2016. Here's what we experienced:
1. We were bumped to a different room after the first night - both smelled like smoke but were designated non-smoking on sign on the door.
2. EVERY TIME we entered or exited the room there was at least one smoker standing in the doorway of a room near us smoking. Obviously smoke gets in the room when standing the in doorway.
3. There was a smoke butt can outside our room and several along each sidewalk outside all rooms. There were at least two dozen butts outside our room.
4. We saw cleaning staff smoking while standing outside rooms with their cleaning cart. At one time a room door was open during the smoking.

This property needs to designate an area across the parking lot for smokers. To say Red Roof is 100 % smoke free is false advertising. If you are sensitive to smoke, as I am, do not stay at this hotel. I will never go there again. I tried to contact the corporate office to complain but got no response.

Room tip: There are no smoke free rooms at this hotel. Guests and staff smoke in the doorways and leave butts on the ground.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

LauriHoward,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that occurred while you were staying on our property. I have shared your feedback with my staff. Corrective measures have been taken to ensure situations similar to this do not occur in the future.
I hope you will give us the chance to accommodate you better in the future.
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan University.

Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

The room was conveniently located for my needs. Close to shopping and restaurants. The bed was comfortable and the staff very friendly. Check in was fast and easy. The only complaint is the room had an odor I couldn't get out. The bathroom was clean and large. The price was very reasonable. Overall I would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo

Stephanie E,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan University. Your feedback is very important to us. I will share your comments with the rest of my team.
I hope we'll have the chance to accommodate you next time your in the Kalamazoo area. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 7, 2016

smooth check-in, they had all my details & a room was ready. The staff were friendly & informative. The room was spacious & clean, the bed was freshly made & comfortable, the bathroom was clean. I didn’t have issues with noise either internally or externally. There was lots of parking, the Wi-Fi was free & was good. There were several eateries in the vicinity. I would be happy to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Ray F,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan University. I appreciate you sharing your comments with us. We're happy you were comfortable and pleased with your stay. Please think of us next time your in the Kalamazoo area!

Reviewed September 7, 2016

When we opened the door to our room the cold air fell out of the room. The cleaning help left the AC on as cold as it would go. Mirrors fogged up, all the flat surfaces, including the floor, became wet and slippery.Turned heat on and left the door open.After room warmed up, turned TV on it went off in seconds and wouldn't come back on. Called desk and asked for different room, he said he was waiting on two customers and would call back in 15 minutes. Never got a call !! On checking out talked to front desk, she was more concerned with gal working the desk than my problem.

Room tip: back building facing side street
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Teddygrit,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan University. Please accept my apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay and the television not operating properly. I have shared this information with my staff to ensure this kind of situation does not happen again.
I hope you'll give us the opportunity to serve you better next time your in the Kalamazoo area. Thank you very much.