“Great value, great customer service.”

Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Sharon was very accomidating. She was friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again next time while in Kalamazoo. She suggested great places to eat and in formed us of all the fun things going on downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that Sharon was able to provide for you. She is always pleased to get feedback from our guests and I will make sure to share this review with her.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I just stayed here June 8, 2014, as I read these other review It makes me wonder if we had the same motel....really truly does. I chose this motel because I knew it had the new updated features and was reasonably priced. I had too take a taxi to this property. The staff was marvelous. Helped me to my room with all my stuff. The room was clean, smelled wonderful. No qualms with the room. I needed somewhere to order in food. I was given a menu that when I called them they don't even deliver in their region. The other menu information was just a list of restaurants nothing showing items you could purchase. I needed a bottle of water and asked where vending area was located. Around the property grounds they were not swept and cleaned up nice. But, upon my arrival at the vending area, it was atrocious. Filthy beyond measure, and stank terribly. I got my water and left. So, I don't know where these other people that gave these reviews are staying, cause it appears to be different from the place I stayed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed our staff but we are sorry that you found that our vending area and grounds did not meet your expectations. We take pride in running a quality property and in our normally outstanding curb appeal. It is obvious on this day that the quality is less than it should have been and for that I apologize.

Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and product.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Once again the corporate run Red Roof in Kalamazoo (west) proves to be one of the best. Third year here for the long dog show and you can't go wrong. Admittedly one of the new cleaning staff obviously had some issues with understanding what was necessary when cleaning the room daily, but the staff listened when they were told and then gave me a credit on my bill for the inconvenience. Justin is always personable and professional. (I swear he has a photograpic memory for people!) I thank you again for maintaining a standard of quality, you make me remember why I use Red Roof Inn! Keep it up!
(And for you dog people, it's an AWESOME place for your dogs too!)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Justin was able to provide for you.

We are grateful for your return visits and happy that you enjoy the quality of our pet friendly motel.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The laminate floors are a terrific plus if you are travelling with dogs. There is a nice grassy area stocked with plastic baggies to take the dogs for potty. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, check-in was quick, the clerk was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your room and that you noticed our new wood laminate flooring. We think that it really makes our rooms stand out.

We enjoy being pet friendly and we are pleased that our inn suited your needs..

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Always clean rooms and they always have the best price for the quality. The staff provides excellent service and it's where I'll always stay and always recommend any time I'm in the area. Thanks, Justin, for another pleasant stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms and the value of our product..

I will make sure to share your comments with Justin and the rest of our team, he will be pleased that you took the time to mention his name.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stay at this hotel for a dog show nearby. Since last year, the rooms have been remodeled and they are clean and much brighter. My only "complaint" is that I asked for a first floor room because two of my dogs cannot take the steps. When I checked in I was informed that everyone who checked in yesterday took the first floor rooms...even though I made my request when making my reservation. I am even more disappointed in the fact that three of us checked in back to back to back, and the third person to check in was given a first floor room. So although I love this hotel and the location, I will have to think quite hard about staying here again. If all the rooms were full, I could understand it. But to give a first floor room after being told no, that is not okay...and yes, I was informed that all handicap rooms were full too (night that I would take that from someone who would need it).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms.

We are very sorry that we were not able to fulfill your request for a ground floor room, we try extremely hard to fulfill all requests for our guests.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

As a frequent traveler this was without a doubt the WORSE experience I have had in years with a hotel. I have never written a review as bad as this one. I booked this room for two nights based on the great reviews on tripadvisor. When I arrived the parking lot had several kids running around. One kid was standing on TOP of a car. Our hotel room had mold on the shower curtain. Our towels while I think were replaced for our second night were very wet and stained when we unfolded them. The front desk did replace them immediately. While the price was great, I would never consider staying here again for 1/2 the price.

Room Tip: Make certain you are not given a Handicap room as we were. The bath room floor remains wet your ent...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GRNC
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our motel.

I would like to apologize for the actions of the children that we playing in the parking lot. Guest safety is always a concern and we take it very seriously.

I would also like to apologize for the quality of the linen, I have discussed this issue with my laundry department to insure that it will not happen in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your concerns with us and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.