“Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo”

Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Portage, Michigan
“Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were able to arrange for accommodations on short notice and to find the right size room for our needs. We were able to work out billing arrangements. Staff was very helpful. Special thanks to Justin, Craig and Sharon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a your review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to find a room that suited your needs.

I will let Justin, Craig and Sharon know that you appreciated their service. It will make their day.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again.

I0025@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

They put me in the far building in room 139. The street noise was loud. So were the residents in this building. I'm not sure if they were students who lived here during the school year or what but they ran up and down the sidewalk yelling and laughing until 3 am! They set off car alarms and then laughed about it. Just as I fell asleep from exhaustion, they'd start running around outside again.

The bed was very soft and could never get comfortable, even if I wasn't kept awake by the noise.

I might stay here again but I'd sure insist I was roomed in the main building.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are very sorry that your experience was less than you expected.

Noise issues do occur at times and we do our very best to keep them under control, but obviously in this case we did not do as good of job as we should have. And for that I am very sorry.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Racine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We travel a lot and have stayed in lots of Red Roof Inns, mainly because they are pet friendly. This one is the best so far - it appears to have been recently remodeled. We had upgraded to the king room, and had lots of room including a desk which was great as I had some work to complete. Free wifi worked well. Highly recommend this as it is in an area with lots of amenities as well.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you noticed that we had recently done some renovations. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed our location and our superior king room. Thank you for your kind comments.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Crown Point, Tobago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stay at this Hotel almost every Thursday night. Sharon at the front desk really goes out of her way to make sure my stay is pleasant and she always greets me with a smile and has fresh coffee ready. I would recommend this Hotel to any one, it is clean and in a nice area.

Room Tip: If you are a traveling business person go with a business classic room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David L
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. And thank you so much for being a regular guest at our newly renovated motel.

We are so pleased that you enjoy the service that Sharon is able to provide to you each time that you stay. She does do a great job.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

We look forward to seeing you next week..

Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Every time we go visit my son at Western Michigan University, we stay here. All of the personnel have been very helpful, but Craig stands out. He is friendly, efficient and helpful. Especially with the renovations going on, he makes sure our stay is comfortable. The rooms are looking good and the remodeling is making it easier to keep pet friendly rooms odor free. A plus for those of us who struggle with smells that can make the stay uncomfortable. Congrats and keep it up!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room where pets are not allowed
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you like the renovations that we are doing. Just to let you know, our renovations are now complete.

I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed the service that Craig was able to provide for you, I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. .

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a Western Michigan football game on October 18th. Very clean room with a refrigerator, microwave and nice TV. Beds were very comfortable. And the price was outstanding! Very quiet hotel while being very convenient to the university, bars and restaurants. The staff was great and when I checked out, Craig at the front desk was exceptional. very pleasant and called me by my first name which made it very personal which I liked. If going to Western Michigan, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our closeness to Western Michigan University. We are also happy that you enjoyed our quiet location and the quality and value of our rooms.

I will be sure to let Craig now that you were impressed by the service that he was able to provide for you.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I used to stay at this Red Roof a few years back. I stopped staying there and stayed at the other Red Roof in Kalamazoo, because for the price, I actually felt safer and the East Red Roof was cleaner. On my last stay, the desk manager suggested I try the Red Roof on stadium again because of the upgrading. He was right!!!!! I stayed in 102 and it was a King size upgrade. It was clean and very nice!!! I stayed on a Thursday nite and it was actually quiet. The Gal at the front desk was awesome and very informing about the area. It was about $60 for the 20% discounted rate with no cancel because I am a member Red Roof card holder. For once this was an actual clean and updated Red Roof. I will definitely stay again and Thank You Red Roof for finally a great experience. I hope that more Red Roofs follow suit and I really hope this Red Roof keeps up the great job. The King size bed is huge enough for 2 people to sleep very comfortable. I don't know about the other rooms, but the King Size room update is A+.

Room Tip: Stay in the King Size upgraded for one or 2 people!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Homewardbound2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the changes that we have made. We are very excited about our updated rooms and the quality of our new product. Thank you for noticing.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.