Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Mount Pleasant
“Great motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have been staying here for quite a few years now. It is always a clean place to stay and you are treated very well. Craig and Sharon are very helpful and always cheerful. I look forward to seeing them again next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We are happy that you enjoy returning to our inn each year. Return guests like yourself make our job very rewarding.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon, Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to seeing you next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Harrison Township, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have stayed here several times since my son goes to WMU. It is nothing fancy but it is clean and a good price. I would recommend it. We actually tried a different hotel and it was awful. So we are going back to Red Roof Inn. Plus, they sent me a 15% coupon for the month of my birthday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our product and our close proximity to Western Michigan University.

I will make sure to share your comments with of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

So I spent a week in Kalamazoo and I stayed at this property. This is the Red Roof Inn guys, so you are getting a typical hotel. Nothing fancy.

Although the rooms are average, there were two surprises: 1) The pillows were actually very plump and comfy and 2) the TV was a new flat screen with all the cool inputs so I could hook up my laptop.

The bath and shower were pretty average, but yet another surprise: Probably the best shower pressure in a very long time! Yup, I like to relax under a hot one!

What truly was cool was the over top, friendly service from the staff here. Beth at the check in was amazing, always ready to offer advice and help! Just ask her about late night food offerings in the area and get ready to be impressed. Also, I had left my wallet here, and Beth found it and had it ready for me at the front desk when I drove back (80 miles before I realized it). She also had found my favorite pair of shorts under the bed!

With great rates, easy location, plenty of parking and free wifi - you can't really go wrong with this spot! Its also pet friendly! We both enjoyed our stay! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We are happy that you enjoyed our services and the service that our staff was able to provide for you. We are also glad that you enjoyed the water pressure for your shower, we believe that it is the best around.

Thanks for staying with us.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I always enjoy my stay at The Red Roof Inn. Entirely because of Sharon.Sharon makes sure that my room is clean and I get the same room every week if I have any problems Sharon makes sure she gets them taken care of. Sharon is the best hands down and that's why I frequent The Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Sharon was able to provide for you.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

No frills, no pool, very good WiFi free HBO. Clean rooms could have done a better job on shower but other than that I highly recommend. Front desk staff very friendly and knowledgeable and recommended a great place for breakfast which we went to before heading out. Overall good price and clean rooms we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are very happy that you enjoyed our service and the value of our product.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Staff is very friendly. Rooms recently upgraded and are very nice. Free wi-fi with good speed.
I understand that the "other" Red Roof (east side of Kalamazoo) is not nearly as nice nor in as good a location (aka rowdier guests ....) so don't confuse the two. Location right next to WMU campus was very convenient for my purposes. Quite a few good take-out food places nearby, only one good place that delivered but the food from there was super, prices reasonable and delivery in under 30 minutes (Hunan Gardens). Beds are not posh but they are more than fine - AC is older, but worked just fine too. No pool, no central gathering place, no outside space to lounge about in, but a great place to stay when visiting for a purpose. I've stayed there twice and will do so again.

Room Tip: No elevator and no help with bags so if you have heavy luggage an upper floor can be a bit of work...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that our staff was able to provide for you.

We are happy that you enjoyed your room and our close proximity to Western Michigan University.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I would like to thank Sharon the front desk manager for her always friendly over the top service and sweet smile and our precious room maid Cindy V for her wonderful service our room 124 as we jockingly call our condo our dogs taco and teddy feel right at home there we all sleep like babys always feel safe my husband is a traveling sales man and we live in columbus ohio and my whole famly live in Kalamazoo so we are there very often

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoy your stays when you visit Kalamazoo. And we truly enjoy the relationship that we have been able to forge with you and your family. It is people like you and your family that make working in the hospitality business such a joy.

We are happy that you enjoy your "condo" and the service that Sharon and Cindy have provided for you.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon, Cindy and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It is always a pleasure having you and your family as our guests and we look forward to seeing you in the future.