“craig was so helpful”

Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

we stayed there this past weekend and craig told us all the places we needed to go even gave us maps and marked them out for us first class guy.he should be up for promotion hes that good and very kind. he has helped me out in the past by printing off maps and giving me places to go like the donut place thats awesome down the road. room should have 4 towels in is my only complaint but they will give you more if you ask. I will be staying there again so it was a nice area to stay in close to most things you need.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Craig provided

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've slept in worse hotels, but it really could have used a cleaning. There was dirt and hair all along the floorboard. The "white" sheets you could see stains in. I'm not sure if I brought the three bugs I saw during my stay in with the food that I brought in but I did see bugs. I think that's worth noting.

Besides that the people at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. It was a great location off the highway. The bed was comfortable (minus my fear of bugs). It was a safe location my car packed with stuff made it through the night. The check out is 12pm which is rather nice.

It was overall you pay what you get for. Are there cleaner hotels? I'm sure. But I'm also sure it'd cost you 20-30 more dollars to get them so if you don't mind a little dirt..maybe bring your own blanket? I mean I was just paying for a place to crash and a roof over my head to keep me safe. Which is exactly what I got.

If anyone from Red Roof reads this, your coffee is terrible. Please find better coffee sources. :(

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Thank you for letting us know we exceeded your expectations in relation to our team handling you needs as a guest. I apologize you did not have a similar experience in your impression of the room appearance.

We strive to provide a clean and safe environment for all of guests and we will work to ensure the level of the room experience matches the level of the guest experience. I hope we can show a great overall experience the next time you are visiting.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We walked in, the room was dirty and smelled like smoke, very stale smoke. Walked out to the parking lot, there is a used condom laying in the parking lot. My husband went and complained and they said they had one room left. Because of our tight schedule, we didn't have time to switch. Upon checking out in the morning, again we complained. The clerk said they would take $30.00 off of our room. Come to find out they have charged the whole amount to our credit card saying we had an opportunity to change rooms. We are disputing it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I apologize for your experience at our inn. Not only is our goal to provide a nice place for a nice price to all our guests but we strive to achieve a level of safety and cleanliness that exceeds all of our guest’s expectations. We strive to meet all of our guests needs and I apologize are attempts to correct your experience did not leave you with a better overall experience that we hope for. We would love for the chance to show you a great experience the next time you are in town.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Just right with pets. The front desk (Brittany & Jenn) were excellent. They always had a smile on their face. Great place to stay. The building is older but understandable. The rooms were updated with new tv's. Room smelled clean. Not enough towels but front desk accommodated.
Will stay again

Room Tip: Good place for a night stay with pets.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the customer service that Jenn and Brittany provided.

I will make sure to share your comments with Jenn, Brittany and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are very happy that we were able to make you and your pets stay an enjoyable one.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Found a used condom in the trash can when I checked into my room in the trash can. Also when I checked they would only give me 2 double beds because I booked on hotwire. The place is run down, staff rude and the inconvenience of having to go to near the front office every time for ice makes it a place I will never stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We always appreciate feedback from our guests.

I apologize for the experience that you had at our inn. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and provide a clean and safe environment. I have reminded my team of this and our procedures for preparing a room for a guests arrival. I hope you will give us another opportunity to not only meet but exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Clean, quiet, modern room - just what we needed after a long days drive to get ready for the next long days drive. Beds were comfortable. Towels were soft compared to other similarly priced hotels. Location was close to the highway and in a nice part of town. We had stayed at the other Red Roof in Kalamazoo on a previous road trip - and this location is much nicer/newer. Staff were friendly and gave excellent directions. Thanks Sharon.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have trouble with stairs or a lot of stuff to carry in or out get a...
Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 72cindy
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that you received.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

While checking in my 13 year old daughter overheard the front desk staff take a phone call who said "just don't let him in your room". That made her frightened that someone would try to break into our room. Then when we got to our room, it smelled. Then there was the issue of no toilet paper. After trying to phone the front desk 3 times we walked down there. The front desk told us he had to shut down the building to get us some after he finished checking in another guest. Good thing we weren't in a toilet paper emergency and could wait. I wonder if we will ever get our toilet paper. The bed was dirty and had hair in it.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. I am very sorry that your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations. I am also sorry that your daughter was frightened. Please now that guest security and guest service are top priorities at our property. Please know that I will review these comments with my staff and that we will work hard to make sure that future occurrences such as this do not happen in the future.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and it would be my hope that you might give us another chance in your future travels.