“MOST DISGUSTING PLACE WE HAVE EVER STAYED”

Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Detroit
“MOST DISGUSTING PLACE WE HAVE EVER STAYED”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We walked in, the room was dirty and smelled like smoke, very stale smoke. Walked out to the parking lot, there is a used condom laying in the parking lot. My husband went and complained and they said they had one room left. Because of our tight schedule, we didn't have time to switch. Upon checking out in the morning, again we complained. The clerk said they would take $30.00 off of our room. Come to find out they have charged the whole amount to our credit card saying we had an opportunity to change rooms. We are disputing it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I apologize for your experience at our inn. Not only is our goal to provide a nice place for a nice price to all our guests but we strive to achieve a level of safety and cleanliness that exceeds all of our guest’s expectations. We strive to meet all of our guests needs and I apologize are attempts to correct your experience did not leave you with a better overall experience that we hope for. We would love for the chance to show you a great experience the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Just right with pets. The front desk (Brittany & Jenn) were excellent. They always had a smile on their face. Great place to stay. The building is older but understandable. The rooms were updated with new tv's. Room smelled clean. Not enough towels but front desk accommodated.
Will stay again

Room Tip: Good place for a night stay with pets.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the customer service that Jenn and Brittany provided.

I will make sure to share your comments with Jenn, Brittany and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are very happy that we were able to make you and your pets stay an enjoyable one.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Found a used condom in the trash can when I checked into my room in the trash can. Also when I checked they would only give me 2 double beds because I booked on hotwire. The place is run down, staff rude and the inconvenience of having to go to near the front office every time for ice makes it a place I will never stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We always appreciate feedback from our guests.

I apologize for the experience that you had at our inn. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and provide a clean and safe environment. I have reminded my team of this and our procedures for preparing a room for a guests arrival. I hope you will give us another opportunity to not only meet but exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Clean, quiet, modern room - just what we needed after a long days drive to get ready for the next long days drive. Beds were comfortable. Towels were soft compared to other similarly priced hotels. Location was close to the highway and in a nice part of town. We had stayed at the other Red Roof in Kalamazoo on a previous road trip - and this location is much nicer/newer. Staff were friendly and gave excellent directions. Thanks Sharon.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have trouble with stairs or a lot of stuff to carry in or out get a...
Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 72cindy
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that you received.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.
Reviewed August 4, 2012

While checking in my 13 year old daughter overheard the front desk staff take a phone call who said "just don't let him in your room". That made her frightened that someone would try to break into our room. Then when we got to our room, it smelled. Then there was the issue of no toilet paper. After trying to phone the front desk 3 times we walked down there. The front desk told us he had to shut down the building to get us some after he finished checking in another guest. Good thing we weren't in a toilet paper emergency and could wait. I wonder if we will ever get our toilet paper. The bed was dirty and had hair in it.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. I am very sorry that your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations. I am also sorry that your daughter was frightened. Please now that guest security and guest service are top priorities at our property. Please know that I will review these comments with my staff and that we will work hard to make sure that future occurrences such as this do not happen in the future.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and it would be my hope that you might give us another chance in your future travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This Red Roof Inn is by far the best of the many places I have stayed.It is unusually clean, well appointed, unusual friendly staff and eager to help.They even graciously kept my Freez Pak's in their freezer till I departed. It is also a perfect location not only to the city of Kazoo but also
ideal to U.S.131. Craig and Brittany couldn't have been more helpful with information I needed.
AND it is very quiet !!Than you Red Roof.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that you received and that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with Brittany, Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This place is spotless, well maintained, and pet friendly. Carig the manager provided excellent service as did his entire staff. This is a good choice when visiting Kalamazoo.

It is also a short distance from the Kal-Haven trail. A good place to ride your bicycle or just to take an evening stroll.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that you received and our clean and well maintained rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.