Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center
$119
$101
$94
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$121
$149
Radisson
  • Pool
$119
All reviewsdenny's restaurantburger kingroom was cleanneeded a place to staywithin walking distanceflat screen tvwould definitely stay here againcraigpillows
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nathan and he set me up with a nice room and he was quite accommodating. The rooms have been renovated and are clean.

I find the staff to be always friendly. I think this means something to the business traveller.

I have recommended this hotel to another professional.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Nathan was able to provide for you.

We are happy that you enjoyed the quality and value of our product.

I will make sure to share your comments with Nathan and the rest of our team. Feedback from
our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

As I am in one of their rooms, I regret of not making better plans 6 months before.
All other hotels are booked to capacity.
The smell of smoker is almost instant.
There are hair on the pillow covers
there are stains on the counter tops that should have been cleaned
it is not a good option for a family stay... it is a trucker's pit stop.
I get what I paid for.

Room Tip: external rooms, no room service, need to get your own towels,
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our inn. We appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to share your review with my staff.

Our rooms are non-smoking and we take all measures available to prevent guests from smoking in our rooms and we also double check all of our rooms for cleanliness, it is obvious in this case that we dropped the ball. We try to exceed our guests expectations, and I am sorry that we were unable to do so in your case. I hope that you might allow us to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel brags about being nonsmoking. I got my key and drug my luggage up the stairs, half way down the building outside in the cold and dark, exhausted, only to open the door to be nearly knocked down from the horrible smell of smoke. The room REEKED!!! I called the front desk and they found me another room that was better but it was still obviously recently smoked in. This one, however, had been sprayed with some heavy duty cleaning spray that made it smell like some heavy cleaning product with a hint of smoke. Horrible. As I left the next morning I saw at least four people standing inside their rooms with doors open smoking. This is ridiculous!!!! Either your hotel is non-smoking or it is not. Shame on you! Room was worn, and felt dirty. Stained carpets, etc. Take a lesson from your Akron, OH location. They are fabulous. I will never stay in your hotel again!!!

Room Tip: There aren't any!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank VickiBr
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I apologize for your experience at our inn, it is our top priority to make our guests feel comfortable. Our rooms are non-smoking and we let our guests know of this at check in and we take all measures available to prevent guests from smoking in our rooms. We try to exceed our guests expectations and in this case it seems not only did we not exceed it, we did not meet it either. I hope you will allow us an opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Maybe this place is coasting on the reputation of previous reviews. I encountered multiple signs that they're not trying harder. First impressions: the driveway and parking lot are past due for repaving. The lot in the back demands careful maneuvering, as the many full-length pickups parked on both sides give sparse room in between. Inside the room where I stayed, there were lots of scuffs and signs of hard wear. The desk chair was wobbly, with a squashed, stained cushion. If you get a first floor room, prepare for abundant sounds when someone in the room above uses a shower. When I returned to my room about six p.m. on a Tuesday, neither room key worked. I went to the front desk and was confronted by a locked lobby and a sign proclaiming the desk clerk would be back in 10 minutes. It took her well more than 15. But no matter, she quickly re-made my keys with no hint of an apology for the inconvenience. Still, the rooms are clean and the price isn't bad for the area. Adjust your expectations and you'll likely do okay. At least the TV is new and the single-cup coffee maker works fine.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room to avoid hearing lots of plumbing noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. I have spoken with my team and we do use the feedback from our guests to understand how to not meet their expectations but how can we exceed their expectations. We never want to rest on the positive experiences of our previous guests , we always strive to raise the level of that experience.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We usually try to stay at a Red Roof Inn when traveling because of their consistent quality and value for the money. Unfortunately this one was not up to par. We arrived around 10pm needing a place to seep before continuing on to Milwaukee the next day. We were assigned a room on the second floor. It was a non smoking room yet is had a stale smoke odor. The table, chair and bedding were obviously well used. The carpet was dirty and sticky, so much so that my girlfriend was uncomfortable taking off her shoes. Since we were getting back on the road bright and early the next morning we put up with it for one night. But overall it was disappointing for a Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I would like to thank you for being a loyal Red Roof Inn guest.

I apologize to you for having a room that smelled of smoke, I have reviewed procedures with both housekeeping and maintenance to insure that we are providing the freshest rooms possible.

I would also like to apologize for the condition of the room, please know that we are working hard in an attempt to upgrade our rooms and we appreciate your feedback on this matter.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.