“Dog Show” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
South Bend, Indiana
“Dog Show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I recently was in town for the UKC Dog Show. I come every year and stay at Red Roof. They are close to the fairgrounds for the show and show you a nice stay. They are accomodating for my dogs and Elizabeth and the other girls are always willing to help me with whatever I need. My room was clean and comfortable. I will stay again next year.

Room Tip: If you have dogs--try the bottom floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you had a wonderful time at the dog show.

I will make sure to share your comments with Elizabeth and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

It had been several years since I stayed here last and was happy to see it had not gone downhill. I write this review with a budget hotel in mind, this wasn't meant to be a Westin. Check-in was fast, accurate and friendly. My friend and I had dogs with us and found LARGE fields of grass everywhere. This was a very dog-friendly hotel. The room was clean, well appointed and there was plenty of room for people and dogs. The carpet smelled clean, the bathroom was near spotless with plenty of room to get ready. The bathroom amenities were very basic, the towels a bit small, but not tiny. The TV was basic and worked fine. I slept VERY well as the bed was very comfortable, pillows were just right and the comforter & sheets were soft. I didn't hear much outside noise either.

The location is perfect and walking distance to many restaurants and fast food. I tried the Denny's "next door" and had EXCELLENT service and food. It was very convenient to the Kalamazoo Fairgrounds and anywhere else since it was right off I-94. The overall neighborhood felt very safe.

The only "con" is I didn't see an elevator, so with dogs, it was a bit of a pain to keep going up and down stairs with loads of supplies and crates (try to get a bottom floor if you can). Plus, I only found one ice machine at the far end of the property.

Check out was just as friendly and helpful, I'd definitely stay here again. This Red Roof is well-run and feels they take pride in their service and upkeep of the property.

Room Tip: I didn't see an elevator, so definitely request a bottom floor room if your needs require it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our pet friendly hotel and the service that was provided.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
The Villages, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

We are on a road trip and this is the third Red Roof we stayed in, the other two were very good. If we hadn't checked in late (10PM) we would have left and gone to another hotel. The room was poor at best, the two chairs were disgustingly dirty, there were large yellow stains on both bedspreads, and the ceiling above one bead has a very large stain and looks like the ceiling could fall down. We weren't feeling very comfy.

Room Tip: Look at the room first before yo check in most hotels will be glad to do that
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are very sorry that your experience was less than you expected.

Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and product. Please know that we make guest satisfaction our number one priority and that we appreciate your feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Newaygo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

This Red Roof Inn lived up to the other reviews. Not only was Elizabeth as advertised, Brittany was every bit as pleasant and helpful as Elizabeth! The location is great. Our only problem with the room was the pillows. We stayed in a king room with a king sized bed, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There were 4 pillows but were small and too soft. Other than that, this was a great value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post an outstanding review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed our superior king room.

I will make sure to share your comments with Elizabeth, Brittany and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

i lost my sister on april 22,2012 and had to look for a hotel for my husband and son.when finding out my son wasnt going to go due to work, i contacted the hotel and changed my reservation and was told that i could get a better rate.since i have worked in the hospitality industry for over 10 years I have stayed in other places and have not had the kind of service that this place gave me.i am very greatful to the whole staff but in particular to the front staff which consist of elizabeth and craig and another front staff representative of whom i forgot to get the name.thank you for helping me grieve and giving me the respect and hospitality i have given to others myself...if ever in the area again I will enjoy staying with you all agin...thanks!

Room Tip: rooms are quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
We are extremely sorry for you loss but thankful that you took the time to post a great review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we provided.

I will make sure to share your comments with Elizabeth, Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Chatfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Elizabeth and her staff were very very courteous and kind. They put an extra effort in to their jobs. We stayed there to enjoy a weekend at the local fair grounds. The annual trade fair/Re-enactment was well worth the drive from Minnesota. Thankyou again for making my stay in your area a memorable one!

Room Tip: We had a main floor room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and happy that you had a successful trade show.

Eaton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

We were very satisfied with the hotel and the service. For an older Hotel it was very clean and met our needs. We would stay there again. Elizabeth was very helpful and met our every need.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Elizabeth and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.