“Great Food and Service”

Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We are new to town and have been trying all the local places, skip the chains. And Rustica really delivered. Great food, wine and superb service.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Went there to experience the best restaurant in kalamazoo after reading the reviews. I found that the service,the food and the atmosphere were wonderful. But the portions were oh so very small,....................

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This intimate restaurant in downtown Kalamazoo serves high quality New American cuisine at reasonable prices. While our duck on one visit was undercooked, the food is generally prepared to high standards and the ingredients are often locally sourced and always fresh. One of the best restaurants in the Kalamazoo area.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you have never eaten at Rustica please give it a try. The food is typical food you would find in most fine dining restaurants but with such a flavorful incredible flair. The food is not typical of everyday dining so be prepared for something a little different.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I had dinner here while staying at the nearby Kalamazoo House Bed and Breakfast. We arrived shortly after they opened and it was still cold on the inside and took a while for the heat to warm us up. Initially we were seated right under a vent which was blowing cold air, but they relocated us after we requested to be.

I wasn't very impressed with my main course, the chicken was undercooked and the waiter and owner both disagreed with me and explained that the chef was very experience and the dish was prepared correctly. However it was too pink and tasted not done, but regardless they cooked it longer and it was fine. It's OK, but I don't think I'd visit again.