“Unique, tasty food; small, European-cafe atmosphere”
Review of Rustica

Rustica
Ranked #7 of 349 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We dined here for the 2nd time recently. We were seated in front of the kitchen. One of the chefs ("Shattuck"), took time from his busy food preparation to answer several questions for us (including his favorite dish, which he said was the gnocchi). Our server was attentive, as well.
It has a small, cozy, bustling atmosphere like the cafes in Prague and Vienna. My husband was unfortunately seated in a spot that didn't allow him to slide his chair back and stretch his legs a bit as there was a pole immediately behind his chair.
Gosh, I cannot even remember what I ordered, but it was delish. My husband enjoyed his dinner, too. The food is a treat, as several of the dishes are unique to the Rustica menu.
We will be visiting again...

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Rustica was a perfect venue for a night of conversation and good food. The ambiance was perfect for an adult night out. The four members of our party all had different all of which were terrific. The fare ranged from relatively heavy winter dishes (braised lamb shanks) to very light delicate dishes including a pheasant special which was great.

I would strongly recommend this restaurant for a social gathering or work function. It was a delightful evening.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I loved this restaurant -- an open kitchen with a romantic ambiance. The food was excellent, interesting and unique. The service was wonderful. I missed having a Moscato di Asti with my meal.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

When we want a fine meal with a little personality, Rustica is the place to go. We love sitting near the open kitchen and watching them do their magic. Much of the food is local - and the offerings change, so go frequently!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I feel like I'm on vacation in another city when I eat there. Great food!!
Just don't want to sit right by the kitchen, it gets awfully hot sometimes.