“cheap special”

Mangia Mangia
Ranked #42 of 340 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mangia Mangia brings you a tradition in Italian food that's traveled the world and spanned several generations. We offer recipes born out of old-world traditions and prepared with expert care, from Nonna Rosa's spaghetti sauce that's been in the family since 1936 and served to diners in West Michigan ever since, to new culinary creations presented with authentic style. Our restaurant's name comes from what any Italian grandmother would tell her family and guests at the dinner table. "Mangia, Mangia." Eat, eat! And enjoy. Click HERE to like Mangia Mangia on Facebook and see what's going on daily at your favorite local Italian restaurant!
Holland, MI
“cheap special”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stopped here with a friend for dinner. I couldn't believe $3.50 for spaghetti and a meatball! We had the bruschetta and a couple of generous salads, both of which were very tasty. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. The ambiance is dark and quiet, which I enjoyed, although my buddy didn't care for it. Lot of choices on the menu. Good place. The total was less than $30 for two.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank tromba61

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Extremely Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Ate here once while attending a downtown activity and will never go back. The layout and decor were unimpressive, and privacy was lacking with the tables placed too close to each other. Regrettably, we overheard almost every word spoken at the table next to ours. The service was slow and indifferent. I love Italian food, but the sauce on my veal parmigiana and pasta was overly sweet and not at all enjoyable. My wife found her eggplant parmesan inedible and was especially displeased. Bread was served in a greasy basket. Our wine was okay and reasonably priced. Can't recall whether we ordered any dessert or just paid our bill and left disgusted. Last place I would go in Kalamazoo for Italian food.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank 600AndyB
Farmington, Michigan, United States
“Italian value”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Food was full of flavor, wine was value priced compared to a competitor across the street. Lot of families eating there for $3.50 spaghetti and meat ball special. No Fox Detroit for ball game though.

Visited April 2013
Richland, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Wedding Reception Venue!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a small wedding reception here Sept 2011 (just now getting to writing reviews...). I searched for a long time trying to find a place that would fit about 60 people, was within our price range and had delicious food! This was the place! We worked with Barb setting up the menu, decorations, etc... and our chef was Allen. Everyone was easy to work with. We gave some decorations to Barb and the staff set up the tables beautifully. If you are looking for delicious food, great service, wonderful people to work with this place is for you.

We also have been there several times to eat and for family gatherings and everything had always been great!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank 427thelunds
Middlebury, Indiana
“Overpriced Italian food”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

i chose this place for my wife and i to have a nice romantic Italian meal together. The atmosphere was nice but we got seated across from the big family table, and i would have rather enjoyed a more secluded spot. The food was just average and a bit overpriced--soup and salad did not come with a meal. I asked the waiter about the specials for the evening and he told us without giving us the prices for them. That should have been my first clue to leave the restaurant. Next time I will listen to my instincts. I would recommend this place if the prices were lower. Overall it was just an average dining experience

• Visited March 2013