“Decent Italian Dining”

Mangia Mangia
Ranked #43 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mangia Mangia brings you a tradition in Italian food that's traveled the world and spanned several generations. We offer recipes born out of old-world traditions and prepared with expert care, from Nonna Rosa's spaghetti sauce that's been in the family since 1936 and served to diners in West Michigan ever since, to new culinary creations presented with authentic style. Our restaurant's name comes from what any Italian grandmother would tell her family and guests at the dinner table. "Mangia, Mangia." Eat, eat! And enjoy. Click HERE to like Mangia Mangia on Facebook and see what's going on daily at your favorite local Italian restaurant!
Michigan
“Decent Italian Dining”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Daughter and I stopped in early Saturday evening ahead of the dinner rush. Maybe 4 tables were occupied and we were quickly seated. Server was prompt with menus and took our drink orders. Gave us plenty of time to look at the menu as it was our first time there. Several dining options to choose from. I tried the Lobster Mac and Cheese, while my daughter tried the Fettuccine Alfredo. Salads were simple and house vinaigrette (on the side) was flavorful. Dinners did not take long to prepare, maybe 10-15 minutes. Note that the Mac and Cheese is listed as an appetizer and the portion is smaller than an entree, but it was just right for me. We saw some other dishes being delivered to nearby tables and the portions seemed to be large.

The Mac and Cheese was quite flavorful, had a unique taste that I didnt really identify. Was creamy and pasta was properly cooked. Tried a couple of bites of my daughter's Alfredo, it was OK, but not over the top or anything.

There is a bar area with a few tables. There was some window seating to see the activity outside. Also what appeared to be a room in the back behind doors (maybe for a private party or larger group?). A couple of tables with some tapestry around them to give a little more privacy also.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank BeachLeech

Battle Creek, Michigan
“Whoa!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was warned about the food here, but wanted to try this place because it looks so interesting. I should have listened. Perhaps the worst Italian food I ever tasted. Poorly prepared. Sad for such a nice ambience.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Bob W
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Took my 8 year old for pizza”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

She felt like a princess with the fun environment and attentive service. Sadly our flatbread pizza took way too long yet the staff was apologetic. They brought us super garlic bread while we waited and even gave us a free dessert for our long wait. Never had a better cannoli!

Visited October 2012
Michigan
“Lobster Mac n Cheese”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Mangia Mangia is owned by the same folks who own and operate La Cantina in Paw Paw, which surprised me. It is definitely more upscale than La Cantina but the menu has some similarities. Our waiter Edger, was fabulous, friendly and speedy. The restaurant offered an array of wine choices. I had the Lobster Mac and Cheese which I think was an appetizer but was plenty for me. I had some left over. The spaghetti and meatball is really good as well. Recommend and I would bring my kids here (although I'd expect them to behave well)

• Visited September 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Cute Italian Atmosphere, AMAZING food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I recently visited here for a date night...it was our first time visiting there, and we will definitely be back! The service was really good, the place is just really cute....definitely feels like authentic Italian. We loved the food too...the spaghetti sauce is like nothing else I've ever had...amazing! Try the Lasagna or the Eggplant Parmesan. The LaCantina salad dressing is really good too...and you can buy a bottle of it!

• Visited September 2012