“Mussels were tasty, eggplant was not”
Review of Mangia Mangia

Mangia Mangia
Ranked #40 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mangia Mangia brings you a tradition in Italian food that's traveled the world and spanned several generations. We offer recipes born out of old-world traditions and prepared with expert care, from Nonna Rosa's spaghetti sauce that's been in the family since 1936 and served to diners in West Michigan ever since, to new culinary creations presented with authentic style. Our restaurant's name comes from what any Italian grandmother would tell her family and guests at the dinner table. "Mangia, Mangia." Eat, eat! And enjoy. Click HERE to like Mangia Mangia on Facebook and see what's going on daily at your favorite local Italian restaurant!
Michigan
“Mussels were tasty, eggplant was not”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We sat at the bar for dinner. The bartender/waiter was very busy and tried to be attentive but couldn't quite keep up. We were pleased with the mussels as an appetizer. They were fresh and the broth was well seasoned. Plenty of garlic! My tossed salad was cold, crisp and had a good house dressing. The eggplant Parmesan was disappointing. An excessive amount of sauce and cheese smothered a thin slice off eggplant that tasted like cardboard. The manager Derek offered to bring something else, which I appreciated but declined. We ordered a pizza but were not impressed by the chewy crust. It had an artificial flavor. We tried the tiramisu for dessert, based on the recommendation of the bartender. I am not sure which region of Italy this recipe came from, but it was an odd version. The outside was smeared with something that resembled canned vanilla pudding. Overall, this restaurant gets high marks for effort. The service was slow but the server couldn't be faulted. The food was okay but needs attention and the use of fresh, high quality ingredients would make a big difference.

1 Thank Foodstudy

“We almost missed this treasure!”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband and I attended Art hop downtown. We stopped in to Mangia Mangia because of its location, but we will definitely go back! The food was fabulous! Everything was fresh and had a true authentic Italian taste. Even if you only stop in for appetizers it is worth it!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Could use some improvement”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Good food, nice location downtown, quaint atmosphere, TERRIBLE service!

1 Thank amy m
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Italian food, reasonably priced”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Broad menu selection, excellent service, with very reasonable prices of all items. Easy to get in without a reservation. We'll go again!

• Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
“Its OK”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I had high hopes for this place because I LOVE italian but I left there very dissappointed. I ordered the manicotti and it tasted like a frozen dinner that was just placed in the microwave. I could do that myself at home.

I would not go back there.

• Visited January 2011