“Great Food - Great People”

Ray Ray's Italian Beef & Sausage
Ranked #10 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Mattawan, Michigan
“Great Food - Great People”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I just stumbled into this hole in the wall restaurant and I am so glad I did. The first time I was there I asked the owner what he recomended. Well of course it was the Italian beef sandwitch with all the fixings (make sure you get it WET) and it was fantastic! The next time I ordered a pulled pork (spicy) and the Chicago hot dog. They were also fantastic! I think his pulled pork is the best I have ever had. I have brought my boys there numerous times and they just love the place. Everytime we are in the area they want to eat at Ray Ray's (even if they have already had something to eat a few minutes ago). It does have outdoor seating...one table with two chairs. There is also one table inside with a long bar (just seating. Not the kind that serves drinks).The owner is the best. He is so friendly and makes everyone feel as if they were his own family. He is always so nice to my boys and always thanks you for the business. Great place to eat. Closed Sunday and Monday. No credit cards. You really need to eat here.

• Visited July 2012

Kalamazoo, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hole in the wall with super food & amazing staff :)”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

If you want some awesome sausage, italian beef, pulled pork, etc and to be treated like a family member by the staff, go to Ray Ray's. You will not be disappointed!

Visited May 2012
“Great every time!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Living in the Kalamazoo area allows me to frequent Ray Ray's. Absolutely the BEST in Chicago dogs and great gourmet sausage. Prices are reasonable and portions can't be beat! I love bantering sports talk with the owner, a Chicago fan. Be prepared to use cash as no CC or checks accepted. Keeps prices down. Good Dinning.

“Fantastic Experience!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We were passing through during a business trip and discovered Ray Ray's here on trip advisor. We were on a tight schedule so i called in ahead of time with no knowledge of the menu. I spoke with the owner and asked for suggestions and he was quick to suggest 2 beef and Italian sausage combos and fresh cut fries. Upon walking into the small 2 table (1 out front) establishment, we were quickly greeted and had our meatfeast sandwiches in about 5 mins. I also asked for some spicy bbq sauce which turned out to be some of the best I can remember ever tasting. The owner thanked us for our business multiple times and made us feel authenticly welcome! Great food with amazing service!

Wisconsin
“Worth the effort”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stopped here as a half-way point from Wisconsin to Niagara Falls. Delicious food, great prices, friendly staff. Definitely worth the effort to find!

• Visited May 2012