All reviews front desk an extended stay wings small kitchenette room was clean exercise room full size fridge breakfast sandwich pleasant stay pantry dishwasher property maintenance hallway highway pillows
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

First have to say the entire staff was very pleasant and friendly.
When we first got on the room, I grabbed the remote and it had glue residue from stickers it once had with hairs and dust hanging from it (1).
After dinner and doing some old fashioned dish washing, I started getting a very foul and "fishy" smell from the sink and it was from the garbage disposal. What ever it was in there, it could still be seen and smelled horrible (2)!
The following morning, I wanted to brew some coffee and noticed the pot was not clean. It still had coffee stains inside that I washed off with soap but still inconvenient (3).
Lastly, the shower head had 2 settings, no pressure or striking needles (4).
A bit of work and this place can be fantastic.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Hello Esme M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, MI. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about our staff.

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the remote, the kitchenette, coffee making facilities and your shower experience. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Using a discount for the college our son was tending I decided to stay at CS for our student/parent orientation. Check in was quick and smooth. Entering my 4th floor room I immediately smelled cigarette smoke odor in the non-smoking room. I returned to front desk to "report" (not complain) the situation. Samantha at the front desk was apologetic and within seconds I was in a new room on the first floor. She was extremely professional and made my stay enjoyable. Room was clean and fresh and I love CS mini kitchens! I did not spend time on the property. The bed was NOT comfortable but I managed to get forty winks. Occasionally on leisure trips we look for an all-suite property. CS should invest in a better made mattress to keep my business when looking for a suite stay.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Fred R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. We are working diligently to rectify the a/c issues and bedding. We hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed November 28, 2016

I have stayed in nearly every hotel at this exit over the last 10-15 years. This was one of the best. It's new and clean. Beds are comfortable, although I am not sure if they have queen rooms--we had a double-double. Room was quiet and I slept very well. Be aware this is really set up as an extended stay which means there are some differences: No daily housekeeping, no breakfast, minimal toiletries (only shampoo and soap). Still, I would stay again as it is the best option in the area.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2016

The Candlewood Suites is located on the east side of Kalamazoo. It is near the fairgrounds, and has an amazing amount of grass is have a dog with you. I love having a full size refrigerator in the room, etc. This hotel is not as new as some of the other suite hotels in the area. For this trip, we had problems with the A/c in one room (we were moved to another room right away), and our room keys would work and then not work. Maintenance was suppose to check the door on one day and never showed up to the hotel (we were away all day). After trying five other keys our last night, we were given one that finally seemed to work. But even checking out we made sure one person was in the room until all of our items were in the car to ensure we were not locked out. So overall, a nice play to stay. A step up from other types of choices in the area, but it is starting to show its age.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Roomy suites but dated and quite dusty. The air conditioner was blowing in the living room area but not in the bedroom and it made for a very uncomfortable night. The bed was quite hard and the beddings spotted.

Date of stay: October 2016
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2016

Dear lutephiri,

Thank you for choosing our brand and going out of your way to leave us your insights. It is sad to know that you find our rooms to be outmoded. Your feedback will be considered for future improvements as it has always been our goal to deliver high standard guest services.

Once more, we appreciate the candid feedback that you have provided.

Ronald R.