“Enjoyable” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Elwood, United States
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room was clean, comfortable, and enjoyable. The staff was very friendly. They printed directions to various places of interest so we would not get lost. The room's temperature was very comfortable. We loved the coffee, one cup at a time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

StevenHatto, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Kathleen,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are very happy to hear that you found your room Clean and Comfortable. We know how important a clean environment is when your are away from home, and we are always glad to hear when we satisfy our guests. Thank you for mentioning the staff being helpful, this is very important feedback and I am glad they were able to provide you with the directions and information you needed.

We hope to see you again soon!

-Steve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was truly a terrible hotel experience. Booked through Priceline so was stuck here 3 nights or lose money. No way would have stayed if booked directly. Overall this Hotel is in disrepair. Broken windows, ripped curtains, gross carpets, terrible smell, dirty and threadbare linens & towels. Old A/C units. Broken equipment in gym. (Someone is going to get injured)
Our room was VERY dirty including filthy shower curtain, shower not cleaned, dirty washcloth complete with pubic hair left hanging on rack. Kitchenette dirty - spilled food and coffee. Upon complaining to front desk was told cleaning staff had left but front desk guy would go remove dirty towel and he found a clean shower curtain for me to replace myself. In the end I used a container of Lysol wipes and spent a few hours cleaning the room myself. It's probably the cleanest room in the entire place now! On the second day of my stay the room was not serviced at all. When I complained I was told the cleaners for my floor had gone for the day. Yes - there were others still in the hotel but my room was not their job. What? Do not give these people who do not care your hard earned money!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Traveller6874

Travelers are raving about these Kalamazoo hotels

Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I were in our hometown of Kalamazoo for a reunion with friends and found the BW ideally located. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, the bed comfortable, and the room was clean. That's pretty much all I ask for along with a window I can open.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

StevenHatto, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Jerry D,

Thank you very much for taking your time and leaving such a positive review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we really appreciate your business. Thank you for your comments on our staff, we always try to be as attentive and polite as possible. A clean and comfortable room is what I look for during my travels, and we are glad to hear that is what you experienced with us.

I hope that your reunion went well, we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit back to your hometown of Kalamazoo!

Take Care,

Steven.
Port Huron, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay here at the last minute. Check in was smooth attendant wasn't overly friendly.

Upon arriving in our room there was a leftover cup with a straw on the counter. Went to pull out the pull out couch and although there was a sheet on it there was no blankets or pillows. We had to contact the front desk to retrieve those items. I opted to wear my sandals because the carpet had definitely seen better days and their were a lot of stains on it.

In the morning a HUGE beetle scurried across the floor. Which eh isn't uncommon for Michigan although it was pretty big!!

Continental breakfast had a waffle maker, sausage, eggs, French toast, yogurt, breads and of course coffee and juices and teas.

All in all I probably would not return to this hotel only because of the dirty cup, carpets, and bug.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mia M
Pontiac, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the past 3 years. Overall it is a nice hotel, and I was very satisfied with my stay. Not centrally located (downtown), but still close enough. The elevator sounded like it needed some attention, but it got me to my desired floor. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Weekend Getaway,

Thank you for your nice review and comments, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that you have stayed with our hotel several times, and we look forward to having back as our guest in the near future.

Thanks Again!

-Steve
Warren, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is located just a few minutes off of I94 and is easily accessible. I was surprised by the size of the room we stayed in as it is much larger than most. Beds are very comfortable. Hot tub and pool are decent and fitness center is just enough. Couldn’t have asked for anything more from a hotel for a weekend stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KCee13
Hi KCee!

Thanks for taking your time to comment on our property, we appreciate your comments.

One of the biggest attractions of our guest suites is that they are all very spacious, and we are glad to hear that you found your clean and comfortable.

We hope to see you during your next visit to Kalamazoo.

Best Regards,

Steven
Owen Sound, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

old hotel that needs improvements. Toilet seat was broken and had no satisfaction getting it fixed. I feel more hands on from Best Western chain for these hotels, especially the Plus ones, should be done. Someone could have been really hurt falling from the toilet in that small bathroom.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends