“Reunion Weekend”

Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I were in our hometown of Kalamazoo for a reunion with friends and found the BW ideally located. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, the bed comfortable, and the room was clean. That's pretty much all I ask for along with a window I can open.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
StevenHatto, Manager at Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Jerry D,

Thank you very much for taking your time and leaving such a positive review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we really appreciate your business. Thank you for your comments on our staff, we always try to be as attentive and polite as possible. A clean and comfortable room is what I look for during my travels, and we are glad to hear that is what you experienced with us.

I hope that your reunion went well, we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit back to your hometown of Kalamazoo!

Take Care,

Steven.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay here at the last minute. Check in was smooth attendant wasn't overly friendly.

Upon arriving in our room there was a leftover cup with a straw on the counter. Went to pull out the pull out couch and although there was a sheet on it there was no blankets or pillows. We had to contact the front desk to retrieve those items. I opted to wear my sandals because the carpet had definitely seen better days and their were a lot of stains on it.

In the morning a HUGE beetle scurried across the floor. Which eh isn't uncommon for Michigan although it was pretty big!!

Continental breakfast had a waffle maker, sausage, eggs, French toast, yogurt, breads and of course coffee and juices and teas.

All in all I probably would not return to this hotel only because of the dirty cup, carpets, and bug.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mia M
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the past 3 years. Overall it is a nice hotel, and I was very satisfied with my stay. Not centrally located (downtown), but still close enough. The elevator sounded like it needed some attention, but it got me to my desired floor. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Weekend Getaway,

Thank you for your nice review and comments, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that you have stayed with our hotel several times, and we look forward to having back as our guest in the near future.

Thanks Again!

-Steve

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is located just a few minutes off of I94 and is easily accessible. I was surprised by the size of the room we stayed in as it is much larger than most. Beds are very comfortable. Hot tub and pool are decent and fitness center is just enough. Couldn’t have asked for anything more from a hotel for a weekend stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KCee13

Hi KCee!

Thanks for taking your time to comment on our property, we appreciate your comments.

One of the biggest attractions of our guest suites is that they are all very spacious, and we are glad to hear that you found your clean and comfortable.

We hope to see you during your next visit to Kalamazoo.

Best Regards,

Steven

Reviewed August 12, 2013

old hotel that needs improvements. Toilet seat was broken and had no satisfaction getting it fixed. I feel more hands on from Best Western chain for these hotels, especially the Plus ones, should be done. Someone could have been really hurt falling from the toilet in that small bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice accommodations at a good price for this area. Suite was large and well equipped with 2 TV's and small kitchen. Breakfast better than many competitors. Only issue was indoor pool was very cold, apparently not heated as advertised

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

very good--nice view-quiet -large room-pleasant personnel-every one was very helpful such as when i asked for directions the hotel clerk printed off a copy of the directions to the place we were going too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple