“Our recent golf trip”

Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Another couple joined us for a couple of days recently for a golf trip in Kalamazoo. We chose the Best Western Kalamazoo Suites based upon other reviews and the price being offered. The rooms were of reasonable size however we all felt that the bathrooms were too small. The floors must be made from wood floor trusses because the sounds traveled from floor more readily than if they were made from flexicore.

The breakfast was decent and the area was adequate. We were neither impressed or disappointed, they met our expectations, but definitely didn't exceed them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while my son had orientation at WMU. I was very impressed with the size/layout of the room, accomodations & cleanliness. The staff was very welcoming & helpful. I found it very easy for me to unwind & relax after a busy day at the university as the room was very comfortable & homey. I also appreciated how close it was to the school...quick commute! I plan on returning to this hotel during my next several visit to WMU!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
StevenHatto, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your time. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations comfortable. I will be sharing your comments with the front desk and housekeeping staff, so they know their hard work is paying off.

Congratulations on your recent high school graduate, we hope to see you again during your future visits to WMU!

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I drove fifteen hours TWICE from my state, with my three children whom are all under 5 at the time of our respectivextrips to MI. We decided to stay here and LOVED it.. Both stays were extended. After I have read several of the other reviews....please use discretion in what to believe. Steven, the manager, is so very dedicated and hard working. He sincerely cares about his guests. One of our visits, was to say our good-byes to my dad, who was losing his battle to cancer. We were so very impressed. The breakfasts were nutritious and more than what we expected. Anything we would request, was taken care of with professionalism. The rooms were clean and cleaned daily...more than we wanted...the ladies came in to vacuum, replenish towels and whatever else. Since we had diapers, we wanted to make certain that was kept under control.....
As for noise issues, that is just absurd. We stayed on the second floor AND third floors with no issues. The pool was wonderful and the hot tub was very nice to relax in. Our kids remember this hotel and repetitively ask us when we will be going back there again. For the price, with the kitchen in the room, the service, the free breakfast - I personally think that this is one of the BEST places you could stay, in all of Kalamazoo. I am a native of the area and I highly recommend this hotel to ANYONE - business or family. We will definitely return here, whenever we come to visit. Steven is fabulous. Anyone complaining was more than likely expecting something for nothing, within their respective online review. You can have total piece of mind booking at this facility.

Room Tip: We booked online and then called to verify everything was correct. Don't have to, but for our pe...
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
StevenHatto, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Wow!......... Thank you so much for your review and all of the kind comments. We truly appreciate your time to leave your feedback, and are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us. Housekeeping and Cleanliness are areas the we take very seriously, and I am glad to hear that you found all of the staff accommodating and thorough during your stay. Thank you for your comments on the Complimentary Breakfast Bar, I am happy to hear that you found the selection plentiful, and I wanted to let you know that we are even looking into expanding in the near future.

We would be happy to have your family back anytime, and hopefully under better circumstances in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime in the future if we can be of any assistance, we appreciate your continued business and kind words.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here 1 night - I'm a Diamond Level Rewards member so I get free uprades and they put me in one of the better rooms w/ the jacuzzi hot tub. Placed seemed pretty descent to me no real complaints except for the mattress that needs to be replaced as it is very uncomfortable. I was so tired I could have slept standing up if I had to.. Overall its a nice place to spend some time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your review, and for being a loyal Best Western Rewards member. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us and found the hotel nice. We are a rather newly renovated property, and I apologize that you found your mattress uncomfortable as this is not common. We will be looking into this matter immediately to have it corrected.

Thanks again for your comments and your continued business.

Take Care,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The room was big enough for my family of five. I even was able to bring my puppy of five months old!!

The breakfast was good. The oranges were very hard though.

The hotel was sold out for the night. There was a baseball team staying there. The teens were normal teens a little loud but I didn't hear them in our room.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the second floor. It's close enough to the pool but far away enough from the noi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dianna P

Dear Dianna,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel, we appreciate your comments and your business. I am glad you found your guest suite accommodating for your family, we are proud to offer some of the larger suites in the area. Even though we were sold out during your stay, I am glad to hear that the noise was never a disturbance, and that you enjoyed your breakfast. Now that some nicer weather is here we will try to get some juicier oranges for you!

I hope that you had a great Mother's Day weekend, and we hope to see you and your puppy again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I rented 3 queen suites for my Girl Scout troop and was superbly happy with the experience. Most spacious rooms I've ever encountered, super clean, and extensive free breakfast. Would definitely return

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
StevenHatto, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Sharon,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we were glad to have you. Our over-sized standard guest suites see to work very well for small groups, and we are happy to hear that you found these very accommodating. Thank you for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Kalamazoo!

Warm Regards,