“Mother's Day Stay”

Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The room was big enough for my family of five. I even was able to bring my puppy of five months old!!

The breakfast was good. The oranges were very hard though.

The hotel was sold out for the night. There was a baseball team staying there. The teens were normal teens a little loud but I didn't hear them in our room.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the second floor. It's close enough to the pool but far away enough from the noi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dianna P
StevenHatto, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Dianna,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel, we appreciate your comments and your business. I am glad you found your guest suite accommodating for your family, we are proud to offer some of the larger suites in the area. Even though we were sold out during your stay, I am glad to hear that the noise was never a disturbance, and that you enjoyed your breakfast. Now that some nicer weather is here we will try to get some juicier oranges for you!

I hope that you had a great Mother's Day weekend, and we hope to see you and your puppy again.

Steven.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I rented 3 queen suites for my Girl Scout troop and was superbly happy with the experience. Most spacious rooms I've ever encountered, super clean, and extensive free breakfast. Would definitely return

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
StevenHatto, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Sharon,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we were glad to have you. Our over-sized standard guest suites see to work very well for small groups, and we are happy to hear that you found these very accommodating. Thank you for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Kalamazoo!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stay here when visiting my student at WMU. Five minutes straight down stadium to the school. Good location for reaching downtown K-Zoo easily. Immaculate hotel. Super comfortable beds. QUIET. Only request - please turn up the heat in the pool. The water is cold!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
StevenHatto, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear MamaStewie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and comment on our property. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed being our guest. The hotel is very close to WMU, and we hope to see you again when visiting your student. We try to keep our pool water at a constant temperature of 85 degrees year round, and I have just cranked it up a little per your request. Next time you are coming to town to visit please feel free to contact me directly, I would love to thank you in person for your comments and continued business, and also make sure the water temperature is too your liking prior to your arrival.

Don't forget about our WMU Visitors Discounts!

Thanks Again,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

On a cold rainy night in april, driving with one headlight in the black, i pulled into kalamazoo at midnight and made my way to my safe haven for the night. Check in was quick and easy but as i stood in the elevator i became worried. It seems to be stabbing a small child as it moves from floor to floor. Luckily my party survived and we strolled down the hallway to our room.

Idk what the others say, but my room was a King bed with Jacuzzi. HINT: Jacuzzi may seem broken but you just need to push insanely hard and hold for a few to get it to turn on.
The room looked just like the professional pictures in the ads. The room was clean, smelled good, and bed was soft.

$25 pet fee per stay
You wont find a better value Jacuzzi room anywhere close.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben R
StevenHatto, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hi Ben,

Thank you so much for your comments and kind review! We appreciate your business and feedback, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am happy that you found your Jacuzzi Suite clean and comfortable, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Only one person at the front desk during peak check in time. No one monitoring the pool area or replacing towels. To top it off having to wait for two hours for maintenance to break into my room because the lock didn't work.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
StevenHatto, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear StevenC,

Thank you for your time and leaving your comments on our property, we appreciate all feedback from our guests. I would like to apologize for the malfunction of your room lock, and traffic in the pool area. We do not have a lifeguard or pool attendant on duty, and typically try to refill the pool towels on a regular basis, and apologize that this was not the case during your stay.

Once again thank you for your comments and your business, please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire staff.

Take Care,

Steve.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was very underimpressed by this hotel. Considering it's only a few years old, it seems like the elevator should have been in better working order. Everytime we rode it, it not only took FOREVER to get up to our floor (seriously, it was much much faster to take the stairs!), but with all the groaning and creaking we wondered if we were taking our lives in our hands. Upon entering our room, we were quite disappointed in the finishings. The size of the room was decent enough, but it seemed very "blah" for a "plus" hotel. We got a jazuzzi room, and the tub was very small and kind of gross looking, with spots of mildew around the jets. When we did decide to brave it and take a soak, we couldn't start the jets. We called the front desk and the lady came up to start it for us and told us she was sorry it didn't work very well, then proceeded to start it for us. This involved her pushing it in at a very specific angle with all of her strength before the jets finally started up. The finishings reminded me of some of the crappier motels we stayed at when we were younger and had no money. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard I suppose, but nothing impressive there either. The nicest thing about this hotel was the lobby area, where there was a nice tv and fireplace. Everything else was kind of disappointing. After having stayed at other best westerns, this one certainly did not maintain the same level of value.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple