Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewshot tub and poolking suitewestern michigan universitystadium drivevery nice staywould stay here againi highly recommend this hoteldesk staffwafflesbiscuits and gravygreat roomroom was spacioushome away from homewe've stayedhot breakfasteasy accessthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting area attractions. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We had a minor problem with a chair in the room, which I reported to the front desk in person. Before I could get back to our room (4th floor), the maintenance man was already there waiting. He was able to fix it withing about 5 minutes and returned it to the room. I have never had that fast of service at any hotel for a maintenance need! Our room was very spacious, clean and well appointed. Housekeeping did a wonderful job each day of our stay and in a timely manner. The hotel is in a quiet, safe area. Plenty of restaurants nearby and easy access to the major highways. Breakfast was plentiful with the typical waffle, sausage, danish, cereal, etc. Common areas kept very clean at all times. The only flaw that I could find to mention was the elevator. It is quite noisy, but operates just fine. Just a little scary the first time until you realize that it makes the same sound each time when passing the second floor and other points. Also, ice machines not on every floor. I would definitely stay here again when in the area. We booked this online and received a great 3 night discounted rate.

Room Tip: Look for discounted online rates through hotel website.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We arrived late on a Wednesday night with our dogs in tow for the big Premier dog show in town. The lady at the front desk was so nice and accomodating to us and she made check in a pleasure. The room was spotless and it was HUGE! The beds were oh so comfortable and the temperature control worked like a charm. I wanted to take those comforters and pillows home with me!

The staff was always very nice and friendly to us and our dogs throughout our whole stay.

We made for certain we didn't have barking dogs, and I am disappointed that others did not have the same curtesy! I did witness a staff member politely asking someone across the hall from us to keep their dogs quiet and I was extremely impressed with their professional attitude and tone.

This isn't the cheapest hotel in town and for good reason - you pay a little extra for quality and great service! We WILL be back to this hotel in the future! Thank you for making our stay so pleasant!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Stayed here for three nights when my original hotel had lost power. Rooms were very nicely sized, bed was comfy, lots of noise in the halls one of the three weeknnights I stayed there. Breakfast was not special, I ate out all three days. The desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful with the exception of one employee.

The room wasn't cleaned as well as I'd have liked, with the same long black hairs in the shower three days running. The same spill in the kitchette area didn't get cleaned either.

All and all, I wouldn't have even been in Michigan except for work, and hopefully won't be going back anytime soon. But if I HAD to stay in the K-zoo area and needed a place to stay, this is one of the better ones there, judging by the few I checked out.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed here on May 8th - what a great hotel. The room was massive. I have booked suites that weren't as big as this room. It was renovated, gorgeous, clean, spacious. The lobby was really nice. After sleeping in 3 hotels in 3 days, this was the first one that actually had a decent mattress & pillow.

We arrived at the time the pool was supposed to close, and the front desk staff said they would keep it open so our kids could have a swim, which was very much appreciated after 10 long hours in a car.

Breakfast was good - lots of assortment, some healthy options, although they could stock more multigrain and less white bread. Does anyone actually eat white bread anymore? My kids loved the waffle maker. Coffee wasn't great, although not the worst of the weekend.

The only complaint we could have was the pool smelled really strong of chlorine, but I guess it is hard to keep it regulated in a public pool. Nothing a thorough shower after the swim can't fix, but still a little unpleasant.

The location is off the beaten path if you are travelling through Kalamazoo on the highway - not right on the highway like I thought it would be. However, still only a 5 minute drive from the highway and WELL worth it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2011

my large room was the best part. Comfy, clean, and large enough to move around in without hitting the wall on either side of the bed. nice kitchen sink, fridge, counter space---included in the regular room at a low price. Bathroom was small, but I didn't care about that. Didn't use the pool. Breakfast had enough seats for everyone-and I didn't feel rushed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple