Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshot tub and poolking suitewestern michigan universitystadium drivevery nice staywould stay here againi highly recommend this hoteldesk staffwafflesbiscuits and gravygreat roomroom was spacioushome away from homewe've stayedhot breakfasteasy accessthe breakfast area
Reviewed May 3, 2011

my large room was the best part. Comfy, clean, and large enough to move around in without hitting the wall on either side of the bed. nice kitchen sink, fridge, counter space---included in the regular room at a low price. Bathroom was small, but I didn't care about that. Didn't use the pool. Breakfast had enough seats for everyone-and I didn't feel rushed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2011

In writing this review it is my intention to advise and inform the mobility challenged traveler.

My overall experience at the Best Western Kalamazoo was "The room was clean and spacious but challenging to the limited mobility traveler." I reserved the handicapped room. When I arrived, check in was routine, but getting to the room was tiring. The room was about as far from the handicapped parking as possible – through the lobby, up the elevator, down the entire distance of the hallway to the "accessible" room. The carpet throughout the hotel was soft with thick padding, nice to walk on, but like riding a bicycle in the sand to a manual wheelchair user like me. The door to my room was quite heavy and hard to get through by myself. Once in the doorway, the automatic closer made the door push against my wheelchair.

Once I was able to get into the room, there was good space to move around the bed and the kitchenette area was reasonably accessible. The bed was attached to a pedestal and there was no space under the bed, so if you need to use a conventional hoist it would prove tough.

Probably the least useable feature of the room for me was the shower. It was an adapted standard tub and shower (see picture). The tub was about 15 - 16" high and there was a fold down wood bench at the back. Transferring from my 23" high chair would have been daunting, even with help, so I just took a sponge bath instead. Had I been able to get in the shower, I don't know how I would have done from there, because the shower head was fixed to the wall and the water didn't quite reach the bench. A hand-held and/or moveable shower head is needed. For better accessibility, they could have had a roll-in type shower. At least there were grab bars on all three walls in the shower and one next to the commode.

I hope this information helps you to enjoy your travels.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank johnp0714
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Well, i walked in to the very strong of chemicals to the point of eyes watering. No people at the desk. (find the bell) Elevator is from the 1800's. The room smelled like chlorine and had to leave for a few hours to air out room. May stay again not sure!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I was very skeptical when I saw the rate for a jacuzzi suit was under $85, but I was happily proved wrong! The room was huge and very cozy!! Everything was clean and the staff very friendly. It is located right off the highway, but has pretty scenery, and is minutes away from lots of things to do and places to eat. I highly recommend this hotel, and will be staying again!

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank mcblcurtis
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Stayed at the Best Western Kalamazoo Feb 18-19 whilst en route to Chicago with my best girl. The room was as big as my Toronto condo with a kitchen and pull out sofa. The pool is kept at a toasty 30 degrees Celsius and the free breakfast and WiFi was a very nice touch. On Friday, the girl and I were a little stir crazy, since there really is nothing to do in Kalamazoo..... so we walked a short way to the Holiday Inn and enjoyed many beverages of the alcoholic sort in their lobby bar... Very good chicken wings there!!! Mmmmmm chicken wings.... Overall, good hotel choice. Cozy and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business