“Our home away from home....”
Review of Stuart Avenue Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalamazoo
Stuart Avenue Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Kalamazoo B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The greatest compliment I think a B and B would get is repeat business. We have stayed at the Stuart Avenue Inn at least 10 times and will continue to make this our ,"Home away from home" as long as our daughter lives/works in Kalamazoo. The house is just beautiful, the owners could not be friendlier, the food perfect and Belvedere is the icing on the cake. One can expect to feel at home in this beautiful inn.

Room Tip: We love Ruth's room as it has 2 chairs, a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Dana U, Owner at Stuart Avenue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to your visits and offering you a warm welcome no matter what the reason for your visit. P.S. Used the last of the garlic chives for the season.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Over the past few years I have travelled to Kalamazoo regularly on business. On my first trip I tried several hotels in the area, none of which I found particularly pleasant. Then I chanced upon the Stuart Avenue Inn, and I have come back again and again. My work takes me to many hotels and B & B's, and I have yet to find a place that I like better, anywhere, then the Stuart Avenue Inn. It's like home, but with much better breakfast!

Room Tip: I have stayed in every room that is available, and all had their own charm. Since I usually stay fo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dagmar M
Dana U, Owner at Stuart Avenue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

You were our first guest when we took over the Inn year ago, and we have looked forward to your visits ever since, especially Mr. Belvedere.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

From the moment we arrives the innkeepers made us feel relaxed and at ease. The room was wonderfully homey without being cluttered or gaudy, the bed was very comfortable. We slept very soundly as it was quiet and a peaceful atmosphere. Breakfast was excellent, ginger pancakes with peach topping was my favorite, the perfectly seasoned hash browns my husbands. We don't care for most coffee's when traveling, but the inn had great coffee. Although we only stayed one night we were so relaxed after the stay if felt like we had been on a vacation for a week. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. May you have many warm experiences on your BnB travels.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had my wedding ceremony at the Inn--Chris and Dana were so friendly and professional, and they paid attention to small details in the set-up. The ceremony and cake reception were exactly how I'd hoped.
My guests loved staying at the Inn, and the breakfasts werefabulous. I only wish that I had a few more days just sit on the porch and read some of the books, but we will definitely be back to do just that.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed three days. One of the most enjoyable experiences I've had. Dana and Chris are wonderful hosts, great to visit with, very accommodating, and made me feel at home. Food was exceptional. Will bring family here when traveling to Kalamazoo. Inn is located in a historic neighborhood with many beautiful homes, close to WMU and K. College, and downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark J

We look forward to your return. We'll be sure to have goodies for the kids.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here for a quick (one evening) weekend in Kalamazoo. Good location (we walked to Bell's and the Beer Exchange), tasty breakfast and very peaceful space (loved the picture window in the dining room overlooking the garden.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AliBChicago
Dana U, Owner at Stuart Avenue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for the kind words and feedback. Please let us know if you have suggestions for how we can improve the sleep quality.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

One of the better B & B's I have stayed in. Convenient location, we went biking, charming home, and interesting in-keepers. Room was neat and clean and breakfast was delicious. Chris gave us a tour of the work he had done and plans to do in the future. History of places is important to us and he filled us in well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana U, Owner at Stuart Avenue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Hope to see you next time you're in town to check on Chris' progress.