All reviews sparkling cider chocolate covered strawberries retreat suite master suite turn down service dietary restrictions excellent hosts house is beautiful backyard garden parfait hollandaise sauce large shower restful stay historic neighborhood gourmet breakfast great conversation kalamazoo college
Selected filters
Reviewed August 1, 2018

Shelly is AMAZING! She felt like a distant Aunt I hadn't seen in a while. She was so welcoming. And my girlfriend and I sat and talked with Fred for almost two hours about everything from politics to pets. The BnB is gorgeous, location was so close to the Radisson, an easy and very pretty walk. Breakfast was very lux, but the turn down service felt so special and meant everything to us after being on our feet all day. Fruit and drinks, it was lovely. She even posed my little raccoon, it was adorable.

Everything felt very high quality at the FW, we had towels and robes in our bathroom, even toiletries like a razor (which we had forgotten). It's somehow affordable to be treated like family and sleep on a cloud! I WILL be back, it was just wonderful.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Shelly-Innkeeper, Owner at Festive West Bed & BreakFest, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Stephanie,
Bless your heart, and thank you for all the great praise for Festive West. I am so tickled you and Sophie chose to stay with us. We so enjoyed all the aspects of your stay - the anime details, the pet story sharing, and everything else that endeared you both to us. I do hope the conference shows up again in Kalamazoo, and that you, (and your friends,) choose to stay with us again - you are always welcome at our door and under our roof!
Best wishes, and kind regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2018

We spent one night at Festive West and were warmly welcomed by Fred and Shelly. This really is a boutique B&B, charmingly decorated. The Sparkling cider and chocolate-dipped strawberries appeared by magic on our bed. Shelly's breakfast was superb, the best we can recall at a B&B. Do try to walk around the neighborhood to see the historic houses, and the enormous old-growth trees.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Shelly-Innkeeper, Owner at Festive West Bed & BreakFest, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Thanks to you both for choosing to stay with us at Festive West Bed & BreakFest- we so appreciate your kind words about our place, and its historic neighborhood - it is a treasure indeed.
We do believe in "celebrating" the guests who choose us, and I'm so glad you enjoyed the visit and breakfast.
If you find yourselves back in Kalamazoo and in need of lodging, we certainly hope you'll think of us and stay again.
Best and kind regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2018

This historic home was absolutely beautiful! The Innkeepers Shelly and Fred were warm and welcoming and I enjoyed many interesting conversations with them. The attention to detail in the rooms was wonderful- I especially enjoyed the evening turn down with delicious treats! I highly recommend this property and I look forward to my next stay at Festive West!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Shelly-Innkeeper, Owner at Festive West Bed & BreakFest, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Aline,
We were so very happy you chose to stay with us at the last minute- it was wonderful to connect with a guest so quickly and so comfortably!
Thanks for the kind words about Festive West, we make it our goal to celebrate everyone who stays with us, and are tickled when we succeed in creating a memorable stay for our guests.
We'd love to have you back again, and sincerely hope you return soon.
Best and kind regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2018

My wife and I live in Seattle and have been coming back here for years to visit family. We always stayed in downtown and suburban chain hotels that were highly rated on hotel searches. We were in New Zealand recently where we stayed in B&Bs that we enjoyed, so when we were coming to Kalamazoo a few weeks ago for three nights, we found Fred and Shelley's wonderful home near K College. While historic, the house and guest rooms have been completely updated with luxurious furnishings and baths. We stayed in the Master Suite, which featured double sinks and a walk-in stone shower. Fred and Shelley are congenial hosts and Shelley's gourmet breakfasts are over the top. This is where we are staying from now on!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Our hosts, Fred and Shelley, treated us like friends, and to a delightful stay in their beautifully restored historic home. From sharing evening wine with them on the back porch in the early evening, to being greeted with chocolates and sparkling cider in our room that night, to enjoying a delicious breakfast the next morning - we loved our stay and will return when back in the area!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Shelly-Innkeeper, Owner at Festive West Bed & BreakFest, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Donna,

We can't thank you enough for your kind review of Festive West Bed & BreakFest! We so appreciate hearing we've provided a lovely stay at our home away from home! Our guests are important to us, and we take their satisfaction to heart so I'm very glad you enjoyed your time with us.
Thanks for all the camaraderie, both on the patio over wine, and during breakfast- it's always so much fun to find out how we're linked to others in random but amazing ways!
Be sure to stop in any time you find yourself in Kalamazoo, you're always welcome at Festive West Bed & BreakFest.