“Business Travel - 4 days”
Review of The Munro House

The Munro House
Ranked #1 of 2 Jonesville B&B and Inns
Wixom, Michigan
“Business Travel - 4 days”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Being that it was for business travel, I first decided on the traditional hotel travel, and stayed at the Days Inn. Without going into too much detail, my room was gross, my office chair was extremely dirty and there was a large brown stain on one of my "clean" towels. I immediately checked out and looked for other lodging options. The hotel at the college was full, so I was forced to go to a B&B.

While a B&B seemed odd for business travel, I was extremely happy to have found the Munro House. The house was clean, unique and comfortable. I had my own bathroom and the breakfast was delicious every day. Additionally, the price was not much higher than the Days Inn.

There were squeaky floor boards due to the age of the home; however, these didn't bother me as I was on the second floor. My associate was on the first floor and had said it could get loud at times.

The house is fully stocked with assorted pops, waters, snacks and movies and they’re all free of charge. Overall, it was a great place for the value and I will definitely stay there again if I need to visit the area.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank eric c
Mike V, Owner at The Munro House, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I have always said that "if I had found a place like this to stay while I was traveling for a living, I might still be traveling for a living." Lots of hotels nickel and dime their guests for internet, parking, snacks, pop, water, and movies. We make these things part of the B&B experience and have converted many business travelers into regulars. Having 10 restaurants within a mile is another bonus for corporate travelers. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
lafayette, indiana
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This B&B is a great option for those history buffs who love antiques and older houses. It is centrally located to antique malls and quaint towns to explore. Mike made us feel like friends instead of guests. He served delicious breakfasts/yummy cookie snacks and we didn't get to meet Lori this time. We stayed in Alyce's room and were disappointed with the peeling wallpaper and tiny closet bathroom. I had a chance to sneek a peak at the other rooms and found them to be more spacious and attractive than Alyce's room (lowest price). I would recommend paying more and getting a better room. We were the only guests there and it was very quiet. Mike offered us a great deal: one night free if you plant flowers in his yard. We enjoyed our experience and the opportunity to meet Mike.

Room Tip: Skip Alyce's room for these reasons: peeling wallpaper, over crowded and cluttered, tiny bathroo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike V, Owner at The Munro House, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Lori had just had surgery and was keeping a low profile during your stay. I had fun serving you and having you help me out with my gardening. The flowers we planted are looking good.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was my husband's & I first time at a bed & breakfast. We were nervous & did not know what to expect. Once we arrived at The Munro House, all of our fears & apprehensions were dispelled. We had a wonderful time during our stay. We were glad that we chose this location for our first B&B experience. Both Mike & Lori were very entertaining. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. Drinks and snacks were available throughout the day which really helped. This was just a few of the 'little extras' that made this B&B such a wonderful place to stay. Although this was our first time there, it definitely won't be our last!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 'Alyce's' room. We could not hear any of the other guests...which was grea...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike V, Owner at The Munro House, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
We try to make people feel at home in our home. Most of our first time guests are pleasantly surprised at the hospitality that comes with bed and breakfast. We don't like being nickled and dimed at hotels for pop, water, snacks, and internet--so we offer these things complimentary to our guests. We are glad you chose Munro House and see the value of bed and breakfast. We hope you will stay with us again.
Newville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I decided to stay at a B&B instead of a chain hotel. It was a great decision and I will look for other B&B's for future travels. The owners were exceptionally helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. A brief history on the house and town during check in and I was off to dinner. The owners recommend several local establishments and I chose Oliva's Chophouse, yet another excellent choice. I stayed in Alyces room. Very comfortable and one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in a long time. Each room has it's own bathroom which was adequate and clean. Breakfast was provided and they offered choices and also were glad to accommodate my request for healthy options. Don't hesitate to stay and I can't wait to go back and stay longer.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness I checked those by accident and it won't let me uncheck. Take time to walk t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Mike V, Owner at The Munro House, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Single women travelling here for business or pleasure seem to feel more comfortable and secure in our house than in a typical small town hotel. We treat them like family and direct them to local businesses that we enjoy. Olivia's Chop House happens to be the best restaurant in the county and is only 2 blocks away. We try to accommodate our guests special diet needs and always offer fresh fruit and healthy options for breakfast. We are glad you decided to stay with us and hope that your travels bring you back to our house.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I wanted a quiet week away from work and the city. We loved everything about our stay at this beautiful bed and breakfast. The room was quaint and contained everything we needed. The hosts were wonderful and even served us popcorn while we watched a movie in the family room (a movie from their video library). Breakfast was delicious and snacks were available 24/7 should you ever get the munchies. The town is great to walk around and there is a great ice cream shop nearby. We will definitely be back!

Stayed March 2012
Mike V, Owner at The Munro House, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Jonesville is much quieter than the big city or the resort towns. Folks who truly want to get away can do so in our great small town. Restaurants and ice cream shops are just a few blocks away and all have consistantly good food and service. All of our rooms have a TV and DVD player, but we also offer the use of our big screen TV in the library to our guests, and often provide popcorn. We try to make people feel like they are at home by not charging extra for pop, water, cookies, and snacks. We are glad you chose us and hope you come back often.
Oakland, California
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My sister and I planned a family get-together at the Munro House; the six of us stayed in the three rooms at the front of the mansion. We all loved our stay! The home was lavishly decorated for Christmas. We were especially dazzled by the huge Christmas tree with its clusters of gold ornaments and lights strung over the exterior and interior. It is a work of art!

The hosts were exceptionally helpful and fun, and we all felt so at home and well cared for. Ozzie the scottie dog was also most attentive and kept us company for an evening movie and each morning at breakfasts. Mike & Lori do a fabulous job with the breakfast each morning and truly made us feel welcome.

Our rooms were beautifully decorated and very functional, each with a secretary desk, comfortable seating, excellent Wi-Fi, and two had blazing gas fireplaces.

We highly recommend Munro House and will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JanetfromCA
Mikey-Likes-It-Too, Owner at The Munro House, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Chistmas is a fun time to come to Jonesville. Our "Soap Opera Tree" is the centerpiece of our extreme decorating. Girlfriends who getaway to our house have space to enjoy each others' company. These ladies did, and we were happy to be able to facilitate their get-together. Thank you for choosing the Munro House.
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We had a wonderful time during our murder mystery weekend. We enjoyed the tour of the house and history. We had a diet friendly breakfast with plenty of fresh fruit. We enjoyed meeting all the people that took part in the murder mystery with us. We had a wonderful dinner with plenty to eat and nice desert. They had plenty of snacks and drinks all day for us to enjoy as we traveled around during our weekend. The room we stayed in had plenty of room and a wonderful gas fire place. Mike and Lori thank you for such a wonderful time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Healthy options are always an available choice along with complimentary snacks and beverages. We try to host Murder Mystery Dinners on a quarterly basis and try to choose fun games for our guests to play and enjoy. Positive reviews tell us that we take our job seriously. Thank you for your kind words.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesville
Days Inn Hillsdale
Hampton Inn Jackson
#1 of 11 in Jackson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Coldwater
Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater

Been to The Munro House? Share your experiences!