“Memories”

The Parlour
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: The Parlour in Jackson, MI is a national icon, established in the 1900's, and known for their 'softball sized scoops' and the "Dare to be Great". The Parlour is home to more than 40 sweet old fashioned hand-dipped ice cream flavors all from Michigan dairies! The homemade hot fudge has been made in house with pride for more than 30 years. Additionally, the Parlour serves Parlour Favorites like; Parlour seasoned fries, homemade chili cheese fries, steak burgers, homemade coneys, chicken tenders, grilled ham & cheese, BLT's, corn dogs, a full kids menu and of course malts, shakes, & a full menu of sundae's parfaits, hot fudge cream puffs, hot fudge brownies and our banana split - Delicious! Open 7 days!
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have memories of this place when they only had one counter and bar stools. You have to wait in line against the wall until a seat became available. It has changed a lot, but my Grandmother and I used to have lunch and share a sunday afterword.

There are newer reviews for The Parlour

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were a group of 28 which comprised of highschool kids, coaches and parents. We called several days ahead and then the day before so the wait staff could prepare. We had reserved the back room. Upon arrival, tables had not been cleared yet, that took another 20 minutes. It was an hour and a half before we were served. My extra thick malted and another lady's were melted and watery, I brought them out to the front to show the manager/owner, they were replaced, that was another 10 minutes and were not much better, it was not busy at all in the other parts of the restaurant. When my burger and fries arrived, several minutes later, the berger was dry and cold, the fries were cold and soggy. The couple next to me had asked for a knife, after about 10 minutes they ended up using spoons to cut their sandwiches. The man across from me had order chili-cheese fries, he asked for a fork, he never did receive a fork. It took over 2 hours for our orders to be filled....we are not talking 280 people, we are talking 28 people, and advance notice to the restaurant. From what I was able to gather from locals, both service and food quality have gone to pot since the place was sold. This landmark is destined to become a parking lot with the incompetence that was displayed with our visit.

1  Thank Anita D
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I visited 3 or 4 times over the summer and the service varied between fair and bad. What I noticed was a huge lack of management with high school kids running things. granted, some of them were very hard working while others could care less. Its too bad management wasn't around to notice what was going on.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

After having a great club sandwich we enjoyed a Tin Roof Sundae for my wife and a banana split for me .They sure know how to load up a dessert for your pleasure.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a great time at The Parlour! The atmosphere was fun. The staff was friendly and attentive. Best of all the ice cream sundaes were wonderful! My nephew was visiting from out-of-state. It was his first visit to Jackson, and The Parlour was a special way to top off his stay.