“Bypass unless you don't have other options”

Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The room was clean enough and the bed slept good. BUT the doors up and down the hall slam shut so every time anyone goes in or out, you know it. It's also beside the freeway so you hear the traffic. I tried setting my Air Conditioner fan to ON but it kept going on and off like I hadn't changed it. The place smells like they allow smoking but my room didn't smell smoky at all.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2011

I checked in lugged my bags up to the 2nd floor, no elevator, open the door and find the room never cleaned at all. The manager on duty offered to check out another room with me. No way. Dump barely covers it! I spend an ENORMOUS amount of time in hotels from budget to luxury, and by far in the 10 years I have traveled this is the bottom. This hotel would make those even really seedy places seem nice. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! Try the comfort suites across the highway. I got the same rate for a very nice newer hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2011

The room was in rather rough shape with chips and scratches in the furniture and cigarette burns in the carpets. Overall very disappointing I've stayed in far better rooms for a lot less money. The worst part of the stay was when housekeeping knocked on the door at 9am a full three hours before check out! It seems they knock on everybodies door every morning around 9am!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I love this hotel. The front staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. I see people recently complain about "non smoking rooms" well...all hotels are all non smoking now, even if the room was smoking before. No pool, so not so sure I would book it if that is what I was looking for. Rates are a little lower than most of the decent hotels in the area. I expect that with no pool or workout room. All in all a nice place to stay. Clean and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Razzeldazzzel
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Rude service. The desk clerk had a really bad attitude, Stinks like smoke, room in poor shape. Room service? Or lack of room service. No one even came and emptied the trash! Could of gotten a much better room across the street ! Never stay there again. When I complained all they did was say.. "sorry".

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My first visit to this location last year was fine, but this last one was poor. I upgraded to the jacuzzi suite, but couldn't get the air conditioner to the cool setting, only fan. When we called for assistance and an extra pillow, we were told by the front desk clerk that she couldn't help us as she was alone and couldn't leave the desk to come check on it. The room temp was in the high 70's and I had significant difficulty sleeping, even after working a 16 hour day. At checkout the next morning, I reported the problem and requested that the manager give me a call...and still haven't heard from her. I'm on the road about 50 nights a year and this was the worst and most expensive night I've spent anywhere....and the last one I'll ever spend at this property or this chain.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I agree with others. Good location. I just can't give it a great remark though. Very loud patrons in the waiting area when I checked in. The people at the front desk throughout the stay were nice. Seemed to be short staffed though. The towels in our room were wet as though they never went through the dryer. There was a large gap (about an 1") at the top of our door (on the side) that didn't lead to anywhere and we couldn't open the door to see what was back there. However there was a light we could turn on and you could see it. My husband stuffed a towel there because it was a little erie... We didn't make it to breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson
Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 2 in Chelsea

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!