“Check your credit card bill after staying here.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I just want to tell everyone to be sure to check your credit card bill after staying here. I was charged for the stay even though I had pre-paid by booking through Hotels.com. I called the hotel and they promptly refunded me and made a sincere apology. Simple mistake. Would still stay there again. :-)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank oceanbabi
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson

Reviewed July 14, 2010

I was vacationing by myself in July 2010, and my travels took me to Jackson where I stayed at the Fairfield Inn on a Sunday night. In general, I can say that I was very pleased. Normally the Fairfield would have been out of my price range, but fortunately I have a friend who works for Marriott and was able to provide me with a friends/family discount. (If it weren't for that discount, I would not have stayed here.)

I was so lucky. This hotel was absolutely wonderful. It was very clean, very quiet, conveniently located near U.S. 127 and I-94, and so on. The bed was really comfortable, and I was able to enjoy a dip in the pool and a soak in the hot tub by the lobby. Because it was a Sunday night and I figured most visitors that night were business travelers, there were no kids at the pool or anything. (In fact, I was the only one at the pool so I was able to read my book in peace and quiet.)

When I checked in, Amber was very friendly and helped me by offering information about local restaurants. I also appreciated the fact that the lobby had a computer that guests could use to browse the internet, check their e-mail, etc. (I don't travel with a laptop so it's a nice treat when hotels offer this.)

I was also delighted by the variety of food options that were available for breakfast. Lots of good food...waffles, breakfast sandwiches you could heat up, bagels, English muffins, etc.

I would be very happy to have the opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank New_friends_GR
Reviewed May 17, 2010

This hotel is a typical Fairfield Inn, but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I arrived early and had requested early check-in, and they produced. The room was very clean and the internet easy to set up. I was very hungry upon arrival, and the desk lady was kind enough to get me some yogurt in the back and direct me to the apples in the breakfast area. She was very kind and I was grateful for the food as I was in a hurry to get to a wedding. The staff upon checkout were very nice too, especially Pete. There is a Red Lobster next door to the hotel. The area around the hotel is not super attractive, but seems perfectly safe, just slightly off the main road. Nice television and comfortable bed.
To sum up, I was pleasantly surprised by my hotel stay here. Four stars for the property, five for the staff!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank skyeport
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Typical Fairfield Inn, the lower level of the Marriott chain but still very nice. Our room appeared to have been remodeled in the past year or two based on the condition of the bathroom, carpet and furniture upholstery. The room size with a King bed was fine and all in all no complaints about the room. We did notice the walls were thin but this is not the first of the off the highway hotels we have noticed this problem in.

The front desk staff were great and the cookies available each time we came in were a nice treat! The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast, not outstanding perhaps but not bad either. Their breakfast room was a little small though for their size.

We did not use the pool or hot tub but they were indoors and available although a little small perhaps. They had WIFI but my laptop was down so I used their business center which is one computer located in the breakfast area. When the breakfast room is busy the access to this computer is not good. Also, I did have problems connecting to a site I really needed so I would perhaps not count on their business center if the internet is critical for you.

All in all we would definitely stay here again especially when it was 39.00 cheaper than the Hampton Inn which is right next door.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcalmole
Reviewed July 16, 2009

The hotel is okay. Nothing special but gets the job done. It was clean, and in good shape. The front desk guy was very nice. The pool is tiny. Too small to even swim mini-laps. Not worth even trying.

Free internet that works well, so that's a plus.

Note: There is no gym! Not anything at all.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2008

This hotel has just been renovated, and is a lot nicer than it was. Compared to other hotels in Jackson, this is not a bad hotel. Good free breakfast, friendly staff, good bathroom/shower.

Cons:
- The beds aren't as good as the nearby Hampton.
- Very slow internet. Dialup speed all the time.
- If you have a noisy neighbour, there is no sound insulation.
- Old TVs that buzz
- Overeager staff will trash your drinks when you're not done with them.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 2, 2007

My rating for this hotel is based upon the price vs. the room. My corporate rate for this hotel was $65/night and I was honestly quite scared.

Boy was I relieved to arrive to the hotel. The lobby was clean, the front desk clerk (although a bit late to arrive to help me) was nice and the room...not that bad! I was wondering what I would find, but the room was clean and comfortable, the bed was fine and there were enough pillows on each bed to be very comfortable sitting up, watching tv and doing a bit of work. Free wireless internet too. A window that opened and faced the street was nice too, it brought a nice breeze into the room.

I went for a swim and was the only one there. The pool was a good size, and very clean area.

A large (free) breakfast that included several juices, coffee, and regular continental breakfast plus hot waffles was nice. There weren't many places to sit, but for a smaller hotel, it was fine. The morning front desk clerk was extremely nice, allowing me a later check out in case my meeting ran over.

All in all, a good experience. For the amount of money I paid, I was extremely happy with my stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank J-Mill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Hampton Inn Jackson
Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Chelsea

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!