“Horrible Internet - Great Staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The staff from the front desk to the GM are exceptional. And that should have been the focus of my review.

Unfortunately, I need to work evenings when I stay in Jackson. And the internet connection here is very very very poor.

I've run www.speedtest.net tests on multiple occasions. And the internet speed is NEVER above 512k. Seriously? My home internet service is 20Mbps.

I know that this property is not owner by Marriott Corp, so I'm not sure anything can be done to bring this essential service up to par.

If there was a Marriott option within 10 miles I'd never stay here. But there's not. Do I really need to lose my Platinum status because I can't work from the Fairfield Inn?!?!?

It's 2011 guys, a good internet connection isn't a luxury any more!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank SoManyPlaces2C

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Had a great time here. clean large room , nice staff, great breakfast, and some of the best free cookies in the world..try the chocolate ones.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jibjab b
Reviewed September 30, 2011

A nice Fairfield. Was not great, but not bad either. The rooms were clean, bed comfortable, staff nice. What kept me from giving it 4 stars is it is getting a tad worn, the bath towels were thin and cheap, etc. Overall, though, it was nice. Some minor upgrades and attention to detail and it would be worthy of four stars. Even so, it is a nice place to stay, although expensive for what you get (and don't get) compared to other hotels in this chain.

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd floor to minimize noise
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank islandAndy
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Clean rooms, great location near the mall & the restaurants. Would stay there again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MissMissouri_11
Reviewed September 6, 2010

If you set your expectations that this is a Fairfield Inn, then you will be satisfied. The room was clean, but thin walls and ceiling. I heard footsteps/stomping in the room above all night. When I called down to the front desk at 4:00 in the morning to complain, they said they had a late checkin with a small boy. Not sure what that boy was doing up at that hour, but it went on and on, and you could hear every step. The pool is okay, but it's right where you walk in, so it's a fishbowl, literally. Breakfast I thought was very marginal. Bagels and cereal ok, of course. They tried to add some breakfast sandwiches that you heat up in the microwave, but they were pretty bad. I had to ask the front desk people to empty the over-flowing and dripping trash cans in the breakfast area. They had hard cooked eggs, which I applauded, but they were pretty overcooked and tough. We stayed here to go to the University of Michigan football game in Ann Arbor. Not the closest location. Probably won't have reason to stay here again. If we go to Ann Arbor we'll stay closer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank travelgames
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I just want to tell everyone to be sure to check your credit card bill after staying here. I was charged for the stay even though I had pre-paid by booking through Hotels.com. I called the hotel and they promptly refunded me and made a sincere apology. Simple mistake. Would still stay there again. :-)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank oceanbabi
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I was vacationing by myself in July 2010, and my travels took me to Jackson where I stayed at the Fairfield Inn on a Sunday night. In general, I can say that I was very pleased. Normally the Fairfield would have been out of my price range, but fortunately I have a friend who works for Marriott and was able to provide me with a friends/family discount. (If it weren't for that discount, I would not have stayed here.)

I was so lucky. This hotel was absolutely wonderful. It was very clean, very quiet, conveniently located near U.S. 127 and I-94, and so on. The bed was really comfortable, and I was able to enjoy a dip in the pool and a soak in the hot tub by the lobby. Because it was a Sunday night and I figured most visitors that night were business travelers, there were no kids at the pool or anything. (In fact, I was the only one at the pool so I was able to read my book in peace and quiet.)

When I checked in, Amber was very friendly and helped me by offering information about local restaurants. I also appreciated the fact that the lobby had a computer that guests could use to browse the internet, check their e-mail, etc. (I don't travel with a laptop so it's a nice treat when hotels offer this.)

I was also delighted by the variety of food options that were available for breakfast. Lots of good food...waffles, breakfast sandwiches you could heat up, bagels, English muffins, etc.

I would be very happy to have the opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo