“great stay!”

Hampton Inn Jackson
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
“great stay!”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for the 4th of July weekend, and it was overall a great stay. The king size bed was very comfortable. The service was outstanding. Only cons I have with the hotel is I wish they could update the fitness facility. Just one treadmill, and a bike. Also, I had terrible problems with my key. I had to keep going to the front desk to reactivate it on a daily basis. Anyways, I would stay again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We spent Father's Day through June 28th at this facility, checked out on the 29th. The location affords easy access to Highways I-94 and US 127 for us [but we know the area, used to live in Jackson] so we could get everywhere we needed to be easily.

Our ground floor room was very comfortable, we heard very little noise from the hallway, everything clean, supplies well stocked, and there was a letter waiting on the table giving us a nice birds-eye view of the facility, offering assistance if we found we'd forgotten anything to call Front Desk. The complimentary toiletries are very nice, I do have allergies and none of their products caused any reactions. Also, there were no heavy scents lingering anywhere from cleaning products or air fresheners in the room or public common areas to trigger asthmatic or allergic reactions. My best description would be the facility is kept 'fresh'.

Our bathroom was huge! Over-sized door into the unit and the bathroom to allow wheelchair entrance should you need that luxury. Tub has a built in shower seat that folds up at the back of the tub and is easily released from it's hook. The seat does not slide out of place when in use either. The bottom of the tub is a non-slip built in surface and there are numerous grab bars in and out of the tub that are well placed. My only complaint for the bathroom was the removable shower-head with handle was mounted quite high making it a bit hard for me to get down and back in place, but it had plenty of hose and lots of massage settings. Hot water was never an issue, and the facility was very busy the entire time we were there.

[Complimentary] Breakfast is available for guests between 6 and 10am [but we have several favorite restaurants only available to us when on vacation back home so we ate out]. Hubby would go get a cup of coffee each morning, reporting back what was offered that morning. Considering this type of free buffet is usually kept very basic, this facility actually spiced up the same-old-things by offering variations of scrambled eggs or different pastries, or gravy and biscuits, or different cut fresh fruit, etc. Quite a nice surprise to find that the Hampton does care about keeping breakfast a thing you could look forward to! They even offered at the Front Desk Breakfast-to-go in a brown paper bag with stickers telling you what kind of muffin, whole fruit, etc was in that bag! Zip through and grab your breakfast beverages to go of choice and a take-out brown bag [not sure if you need to put in a request for a to-go breakfast].

Indoor pool and jacuzzi area had a lot of seating, towels on hand for use so you weren't having to take the ones in your room there. Even when children were whooping it up while playing in the pool, the noise was well contained in that room. We were in 107 close to the pool room and heard not a peep in the room. We had use of the fitness and laundry facilities for guests if we chose to go there. Vending machines and ice easily available.

The staff at this facility are wonderful! I was impressed to see they all meet in the breakfast dining area after the guests have all been fed and they plan out how best to accomplish today's to-do itinerary as a friendly group and a team. They all cared that their guests were having a wonderful time.

I will say, if you require cooking and food storage facilities such as a kitchenette, this may not be the place for you. Our room did not have a small refrigerator, etc, but we didn't need a kitchenette. That would be something you'd need to ask about.

We will use this facility as our home away from home when we go see our family and friends in Jackson from now on.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I have stayed here many times, most without difficulty. You get what you pay for in this price range. Fitness center is hardly anything.

We had one occasion where the cleaning service had dripped blood on the sheets while cleaning. She had not noticed. We mentioned it, and got a new room and comped for the night. I don't really blame the hotel for this; in fact it was no ones fault. They did respond to us.

We are trying another hotel for our next stay in Jackson. but I think the Hampton does a good job.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed March 27, 2010

First let me say this hotel is a great location and the staff was awesome. The beds were comfortable. I would have had a wonderful stay had it not been for the alarms going off at 11 30pm and 6:30 am. You can't beat the location. I might stay here again but only because the staff was so great. I arrived to the hotel early and before my room was ready. I was originally told it would take 1hr to prep my room. The housekeeper actually came by 20 minutes later and told me my room was ready. This is a small town hotel with a great staff.

They just really need to get the alarms under control.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
kirstenlogan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your feedback very much. We are in fact working on the alarm issue that occurred over the weekend. It would be our pleasure to be your host the next time that you visit Jackson, MI. Thank you again.
Sadieville, Kentucky
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Nice hotel. Pool, breakfast, cardio room, within 2 miles of chain sit down restaurants.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Toledo
Reviewed October 25, 2009

The bed/pillows are one of the most comforable we have ever experienced in a hotel. A choice of firm or soft pillows to start with and then the bed was a wonderful surprise. If we were in need of a new mattress for our home - I would seriously considered buying whatever it is they have in their rooms.
The staff was great from the moment we arrived. Very helpful with the directions for places we needed to go.
Dining area, hallway, and room were all very clean too.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,395 helpful votes
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Three story hotel, good location, large parking lot, very good breakfast choices (some hot), clean, bland hotel and room decor, excellent bed (very, very comfortable), not so good pillows (too squishy), nice pool, workout room available, laundry available, grounds very nice (picnic tables available). Service was exceptional. Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful, informative, and knowledgeable. They directed me to local restaurants, welcomed me each day upon my return from business, greeted me each morning with a big "Good morning" and upon departure from their breakfast area wishing me a good day. Lots of personal attention and conversation when they were able. Housekeeping kept everything spiffy, and were always friendly, too. Everyone spoke English....! They have a free newpaper at your door every morning, and excellent cookies each evening starting at 4PM. You can also get ice water, coffee, hot coocoa and tea any time you want, and have use of a microwave, plastic silverware, napkins etc. You do need to request a frig in your room if you want one. Bathrooms are large, recently redone, and the towels are very fluffy and nice. Rooms can be very warm! Everything worked-lights, locks, shower pressure was perfect, plugs, TV, remote, phones, radio/alarm clock, lamps...yeah! Request a 3rd floor room which overlooks the woods-at the end of the hall-very quiet, near stairs. Elevator in middle of hall. I truly enjoyed my stay here and would return in a heartbeat if I am in the area again. :) :) :) !!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business