“Terrible”

Hampton Inn Jackson
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Is it possible to give zero stars? I would love to comment on the accommodations but due to poor policies and customer service I did not get the chance (I will say it looked sketchy as the lawn adjacent to the parking lot was littered with empty beer bottles but I digress.) I booked my reservation weeks in advance. I travel for work and have been for the last 15 years. In all that time, I have never had an experience like this. I went to check in at 6pm only to be told that they didn't have a room for me...they had my reservation, confirmation and all of that but they decided to overbook and as a result did not honor my reservation. From the story they gave me, this happened to at least 7 people. Nice, huh? They tried to put me at the Baymont instead...last time I checked a regional low end chain is not the same as a Hilton property. If I wanted to stay at a no tell motel I would have booked that. They then got me into a Hilton propery 30 miles away..I already drove an hour to get to this property apparently driving another 30 is ok in their eyes (even though my 7am meeting is in Jackson.) the thing that really irritates me is the no one contacted me to give me a heads up (Hilton has my contact information since I am an Hhonors member) Two people came in after me and they got their rooms. The biggest issue in all of this is that there was not a manager available. How can you know you are doing this to customers and not have a manager available? How is that good business? It's not. I am staying in Marshall instead and frankly if you have to go Jackson, you might want to make the drive to Marshall such a nicer propery and the staff was beyond helpful. I advise avoiding the Jackson Hampton Inn until they learn the definitions of confirmation, reservation and hospitality. Might be awhile...

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
JacksonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

I’m sorry we were unable to accommodate you during your recent visit to our hotel. We strive to accommodate 100% of our guests but overbooking situations can happen. Please accept our apology for the unfortunate circumstances. I hope the next time you are in the area you will give us a chance to provide accommodations for you.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This Hampton Inn is need of a face-lift. That being said, it was fine, just barely. the staff were friendly, but the window on the second floor did not seem to lock and there was a small ledge outside the window which made for a restless night's sleep. The hotel manager responded right away so I am sure this will be fixed for future guests.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JacksonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to report your concerns with the window locking mechanism in your room. Safety and security are very important to us. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Employees throughout the hotel greeted us as if they meant it, it was almost overwhelming the enthusiasm. Breakfast was outstanding, with tons of items. When coupled with the fair price for the great room, this place is a very good deal. Could not hear TV from next room (knew it was on when in the hallway).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the compliments about our hotel and staff. We are glad that you had a wonderful visit and look forward to ensuring that you have a wonderful visit the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Our stay at the Hampton was very good. This was our 3rd time staying at this hotel and have enjoyed our stay each time. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are cleaner that most Hampton Inns. Our son attends college here and is about to graduate, but if we are ever in the Jackson area again, we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JacksonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

It is a pleasure to have you stay with us when you visit your son at college. Congratulations to him that he will be graduating this year! It is great to know that if you happen to travel to Jackson again for other reasons in the future that you would stay with us again.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We are local to this hotel, on occasion we will get a room at this Hampton to get out of the house and treat our kids to some pool time. This Hampton has always been great! They did get rid of their Jacuzzi tub in the pool, which is a bummer, but the pool is nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JacksonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Jackson Hampton Inn on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you continue to get away to our hotel once in awhile to treat the kids to some fun in the pool. We hope to see you again the next time you need a little break from home.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The rooms and bathrooms were clean, the king bed was very comfortable, and the included breakfast was pretty good. The refrigerator was a little noisy, but I was able to adjust it so it wasn't so bad. Have family in the area so will most likely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
JacksonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

It is great to hear that you will be back when you visit your family here in Jackson. Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review of our hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Staff was really nice and room very clean. I had an issue with the heating system and was given a different room which was very helpful. The breakfast staff was very helpful. The only negative experience was the furniture. This location still has the old oak furniture which is so 90s. I just wish Hampton would update the furniture in this location and move to the new style. The TV and office chair was up to standard.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JacksonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for your compliments about the cleanliness of our Hampton Inn as well as the staff. We are due for a renovation sometime during 2014 at which time our style will be updated. We are very excited about the improvements that we will receive. I hope you will come back again after our updates so you can see all of the wonderful changes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Comfort Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Chelsea

Been to Hampton Inn Jackson? Share your experiences!