“transient hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colonial Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackson
Colonial Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Jackson
madtown
“transient hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

This "Inn" is a joke, don't waste your time or money. My family and I stopped to stay here on 10/22/11. We paid $50.00 for a room and when we got in it, much to our dismay, the bathroom was filthy. The ceiling had leaked at some point and had mildew/mold on it. There was a dirty washcloth hanging in the shower and cigarette butts in the toliet. Need, I go on? The toliet wouldn't flush and there were ants all over. The Place looked like a transient hotel, there were multiple people living there! And, the door didn't latch properly, nor the window. I grew about 2 miles just up the road from this hotel and the area was never like this when I was growing up. My husband and I didn't feel safe there so , we ended up leaving and staying at the Comfort Inn. We spent more money for it but, the peace of mind more than paid for it.

Room Tip: Stay away from this Inn
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Carmen D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

despite what alot of people might say the inn has gotten alot better.what i really liked was the young lady at the front desk was very helpful and polite.the rooms are clean,and if you like bars than you will love this one.its on the small side and not to many people but still nice.the same young lady runs the bar as the front also,but does a wonderful job,she really made us feel welcomed.the owners are very nice and are trying to make it a nicer place.over all we had a great time and yes we will be back soon.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank AlabamaBlacksheep
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

We arrived at about 8:00 pm. As we got closer, the place looks dark and scary. The first room was located away from office with no other cars parked on that whole side of the building and there were no lights outside. In addition, the dead bolt of the room was broken out. So I asked the clerk to change the room. For the second room, I can barely shut the front door. Toilet was filled with gunky green thing. Linens were disgusting. Mirror was broken. Walls had red gunk stains on them. We did not feel safe at all. So we asked for a refund and left as soon as possible.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bubububoo

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Garden City, Mi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

My wife and I had an opportunity to get away for the 4th of July weekend. We ended up in Jackson at the Colonial Inn at 6027 Ann Arbor Rd. Our reservation was made one week prior to our arrival to assure a room would be available. Upon arrival we discovered the AC was broken and also the small refridgerator. We were transfered to the room next door. We did not inspect the room since the AC was already running. Upon our return around midnight on the 4th, our expectations of a nice room quickly disappeared. Among the problems were holes in the walls, very dirty carpet, missing moulding, exposed pipes under the wash area, missing smoke alarm, pillows and mattress were filthy and half inch gap between the entry door and the floor sill.
Photo attachments will document the very poor condition of this room. Repeat business at a Colonial Inn in not on my wish list.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gramboe
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

It's been a nightmare right from the getgo of booking our stay with The Coloinal Inn Jackson. My wife booked it for a NASCAR race and was extremely clear that we were going to the race, wanted to know what the distance was from the Inn to the track, what kind of things were there to do in Jackson, so on and so forth. She asked if there were any availibilities for June 14-16/08 and how much. She was quoted by the front desk clerk that there were rooms available and the cost was $50/night. She put down her credit card number to gurantee a late arrival as we were coming from Canada. This was booked back in March/08 In May I got a call from them, stating they had made a mistake in the rate and they were going to charge us $150/night becausde it was rase weekend. We faught them on ,stating we'd told them right from the beginning that we'd advised we were going to the race and we weren't paying the extra $100. We advised them if they didn't give us the rate we were quoted we'd contact the BBB as we'd entered a contract with them. If we hadn't shown up, they would have charged our credit card as a "no show" so we'll only pay $50 as per the original contract agreement.
We get down to the Inn on June 14/08 entered our room and it was totally disgusting. The room smells of urine, there's red splatters all over the lamp shades (where not quite sure what had caused that), stains all over the bed sheets, and for a non-smoking room it reeked. There was no way I was going to let my family stay there.
We went back to the front desk and told them we wouldn't be staying due to the condition of the room. Can you believe they still had the nerve to charge me the $50 even though we didn't stay in this dump.
I strongly recommend that you and your family think twice about booking accommodations here.
I will however, be contacting the American Better Business Bureau as well as VISA to see if there's any way to get a refund.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — the smell of urine in the room mixed with the smell of tabacco
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
4 Thank happywanderer911
Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2007

The rooms are decent and the owners are nice. If you come down on Saturday night, you will hear some of the best Karaoke singers around. You will have have fun. The have a nice little bar and serve food. It is conveniently located right off the highway.

Stayed June 2007
Pennyslvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2006

As soon as I checked in and went to my room a fight started at the pool area. Later that night a bomb threat was called in which had me evacuated for 2 hours. When we got back be to the hotel, another fight ensued. The police came once again, not before other tenants decided to take it in there own matters. The other reviewers are correct. Alot of transients are living here week to week. I did not even trust my car in the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled solo