“Poor food and poor service”
Review of One Five One - CLOSED

One Five One
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Jackson, Michigan
“Poor food and poor service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Attempts at making the food gourmet were unsuccessful except for the elevated price. I will not return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank davechrisk
RestaurantManager13, Manager at One Five One, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of One Five One here on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a dining experience and food that exceeded your expectations. We strive to make excellent food and provide a great experience for every one of our guests, we are sorry to hear that didn't happen during your visit. We often hear of the many great things here at One Five One but it is helpful to hear when things aren't so good as well. If you are willing, please email info@one-five-one.com, our management team would like an opportunity to learn more from your feedback and do everything we can to create an enjoyable dining experience for every one of our guests in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

One-Five-One Management Team

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I WILL NEVER B BACK! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR $$”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I used to goto Darryl's before it became one-five-one and it was awesome great food, great atmosphere and great service. When this switched owners I heard it was a nice 4Star resturaunt so we decided to take my brother for his birthday along with some friends. The service was very poor we did not get our drinks until 10 minutes of arriving, we sat an additional 20 minutes before we could order appitizers in which we were starving at this point we already knew what we all wanted to eat. The 6oz steak was a JOKE it was very imbarrising to say the least. It was cooked med rare and was smaller than the shrimp that was served with the steak. We ask what happened to the rest of the steak and was told, well the 6oz of steak is usually weighed before it goes on the grill! REALLY!?!? Good thing it wasn't cooked well he may not have had a spoonful! So much for my brothers birthday meal, when we left we had to order food elsewhere, was not enough to feed a grown man that is for sure! The tea was the worst my boyfriend and I have ever had this was a nightmare and we will Never be back! RIP Darryl's!

1 Thank Melissa P
RestaurantManager13, Manager at One Five One, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Melissa P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of One Five One here on TripAdvisor. We often hear of the many good things at One Five One but it is helpful to hear when things aren't so good as well. We are very sorry you did not receive an excellent product and outstanding service while at our restaurant. We would like an opportunity to follow up with you so we can learn more about the imperfect experience you had. Please send an email to info@one-five-one.com at your earliest convenience.

Thank you again for your feedback, we will use it to continue to perfect our product and service.

Very best regards,
One Five One Team
“Best food I've had in the area”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I've been attending college nearby for four years and this Valentines Day wanted to take my fiancee somewhere nice. One Five One came up in my search, and boy are we glad we tried it.

My salmon was very good. The fish itself was not the highest quality I've tasted, but it was superbly prepared. Her lamb was extremely tender and flavorful.

Not a cheap place to eat, especially for the area, but easily worth the splurge if you like good fusion food.

Jackson, Michigan
“Don't miss the Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you haven't been here for the Sunday bunch, you must! A dozen or more choices, all you can eat, and great choices. 4 of us had 10 items total, and all were very good. Price was very reasonable at $14 per person, and it was very relaxing not being rushed. Will definitely be. Back often!

Michigan
“Decent downtown Jackson restaurant”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was a business lunch to celebrate the holidays. We have always gone to Daryl's, so we came to One Five One. No change to the physical restaurant that I could tell. The food was decent but nothing special.

• Visited December 2013