“fun variety”

Grand River Brewery
Ranked #4 of 174 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Wine Bar, Brew Pub
Description: Firmly planted in downtown Jackson, we set out to be a focal point for urban rebirth. Designed to be the modern incarnation of ye old Public Houses, Grand River Brewery serves as a gathering spot for families, friends, lovers, politicians, and entertainers. We have hosted birthdays, retirements, fundraisers, political rallies, television shows, pig roasts, concerts, wakes, rehearsal dinners, farewell lunches, intimate engagements, weddings, bible studies, worship services, office parties, and private gourmet dinners. Not only have we created an atmosphere for larger gatherings but also a spot where locals can gather to have a couple beers with friends. We started with an 85 year old building that was empty and in a state of disrepair. Outdated, neglected and covered in graffiti, we totally renovated it from the ground up. We installed a new floor, windows, electrical, lighting, heating, air conditioning, plumbing, paint, kitchen, column vodka still and a 15 barrel steam powered brew house. Decorated in a steampunk motif (think Willy Wonka meets Mad Max) and warm colors, Grand River Brewery is a truly unique space.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great new craft beer restaurant with unique twists on food venues. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu--they also serve their own wine if you aren't into craft beers! excellent and fun place with excellent service and hospitality

Reviewed May 22, 2014

One of my favorite's things is beef as raw as possible, At this place they grind there own beef, and get really good quality beef.
So I feel pretty safe to get a rare Hamburger, and they are very good.
So far so good, I always ask for some avocado in my hamburger and they always added.
They have a really good selection of their own wines and micro beers, plus if you are into the olive oils collections they have more than 20 different kinds of olive oils

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Came here for an early dinner on a Saturday and had a great experience. Ordered a BBQ pork pizza to split and it was very tasty. Their menu was smaller but there was a range of options for different palates. My boyfriend tried 2 of their brews and said they were pretty standard. We will have to return and try some of their wines, as they seemed to have a good selection. My favorite part of this restaurant was the building. Very cool exterior and huge ceilings with lots of space for tables, the bar, a stage of performances and a separate room for private parties. Just a great overall ambiance.
I would recommend visiting this restaurant/bar! The staff was attentive and friendly and the place had a welcoming and unique vibe. Great place for a date or going out with friends.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Wonderful little area for the brewery and restaurant to be. The food was very good and the Burger and the pulled pork were both great. (get the sweet potato tater tots with them). The beer could use a bit of work to be up to great beer standards but its good enough. Location is just south of downtown and a ways off the highway but the building is very nice inside. Would stop back for the food if in the area.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Oh man, didn't know what to expect but oh was I happy. Spacious, friendly, great food selection, good flavors and I even had a beer. Sleeping Bear. Now - understand that I am a vodka person. Beer is something I don't even think about. but I stepped out and it was good. I had the polenta fries and shared the sweet potato fries. Then asked to re create their falafel pita and put into a salad. with their hummus and chips. Wow - a duo of folky music on their stage. what a gold mine. You Gotta Eat Here.