“One of the best Super 8”
Review of Super 8 Jackson MI

Super 8 Jackson MI
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Jackson
Troy, Michigan
“One of the best Super 8”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I think this hotel is recently renovated.
My stay was great and it has everything that regular traveler like me ask for.
Great room,great service,Breakfast and newspaper in the morning wonderful experience.I will be back again if I am visiting my family again in future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JammyJ_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Central Lake, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had seen a price of $42.99 on their website about 15 minutes before arriving there. WHen I asked the price the lady behind the desk said $69.99. I said I had just seen it for $42.99, she said that is the on line price.
I explained to her that I had dropped my daughter off at Spring Arbor Univeristy for a visit and that we had a flat tire on the way down and I only had $45. She called someone, talking in a language I could not understand, hung up and said let me show you the room. We went and looked at the room, it looked fine.
I then paid my $45 for the night and heading to the room. The door was labled "Non Smoking", the room reaked of cigeratte smoke horribly. I went to plug my phone charger in and found a pair of eye glasses on the floor. The bathroom ceiling showed signs of leakage and there was dirt in the tub. I put my pj's on and craweled in under the comforter, feeling that the room had not been cleaned very well. I then discovered 2 empty beer cans on the floor by the other bed. The pillows were paper thin, I had to use 3 to have a least a normal size pillow. I also ended up spraying body spray around to mask the smoke smell. My clothes the next day smelled of smoke as well.

The next morning, I went to get breakfast and there was not much of anything to eat. Waffle mix, mini bagels (no cream cheese), bread for toast, coffee, juice, 2 types of cereal and 1 orange!!! Nothing compared to what their website says. I was a bit dissapointed.

All in all, I will never recommend or stay at that Super 8 again. Stay was 3/21/13.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Horrendous experience.

We had three rooms on business passing thru Jackson, Michigan. Our first rooms given to us smelled of urine and smoke. The front desk worker offered to give us fridges (after we asked) but did not carry it for us into the room. As guests, we carried our own mini fridge from one room to another? Superb customer service? Gross. They had to clean out all the rotten food from the mini fridge before taking it. We also had to change our own light lightbulbs.

At the conclusion of our stay, the front desk worker refused to give us any sort of receipt. She kept screaming "I don't make the rules, I only work here." Which makes no sense, because all we were asking for was a receipt. A receipt. She then proceeded to chase me and say "Don't shoot the messenger, I only work here. I only work here. I only work here."

I don't actually understand why she was following me out the door. It was a very peculiar, odd and uncomfortable leaving experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank NYCGypsy0
Reviewed October 31, 2012

well I read the reviews from past guests that have stayed at super 8 in jackson mi and I will say by the reviews on line I found them to b very untrue. I went to get a room. and the front desk girl was very nice and motel was clean inside and out all doors were secure they had nice new bedding and furniture. my room on 1st floor was very clean very nice friidge micro and 42inch flat screen. I needed directions to a place to eat and to do laundry head housekeeper becca was very nice and helpful.thoughtful very good customer skills I could tell customer satisisfaction is importtant. I would definitely recommend to family and friends breakfast wasrealy good cinniman rolls and waffles yummy oatmeal and bananas was the only thing mising but every thing else made up for it coffee. was even good keep up the good hard working lady's see u next visit we would definitely stay again take nd god bless.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank babygurl1313
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed September 27, 2012

got a rooms for not that expensive. But, amazingly it was worth much more than that.
Good experience. First time stayed in Super8. It was better than $100.00 a night stay.
New beb, new furniture.
Enjoyed . Very friendly staff.
They took care off me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pari p
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in several of the hotels in Jackson and for the money, this is the best option for my budgetary needs on business trips in Jackson. Very clean hotel compared to the other places with similar room pricing.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank RespectIsEarned
Duluth
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Even though we got into town about 3, we found the larger fancier hotels all filled up, but decided to see if they had any room at Super 8, which they did. The gal that checked us in was great. Our room was very clean, (which seems to be a problem in some Super 8's), beds were comfortable. They didn't have a clock though so we went out and bought one, so suggestion put a clock in your rooms. There was a worry with something outside, which we reported and the nice gal took care of that right away.
They had a big mirror on the wall, but had a big TV covering it! I went to plug in my curling iron in the bathroom and the plug fell out, so they need to put in some new outlets!!
The breakfast room was small, but we were very satisfied with their choice, had a waffle maker even.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family