“Customerservice Zero!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Jackson
Chicago, Illinois
“Customerservice Zero!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

As we opened the door to the room, a stench of smoke slapped us in the face. I called downstairs, and the advice I was given was to turn the air conditioner for the evening to try to the clean the air. It was 35 degrees out. They were not able to move us because the hotel was full. I used Febreeze but unfortunately that just made the room smell like smoke mixed with Febreeze. Upon check out I noted my concern and the gentleman told me that a manager would be at 4: p.m. and would call me. No phone call. On Monday, I called the Hotel and I spoke to a Manager for a possible credit, and the response: "Well you decided to stay at the hotel after you saw the room". Response: Really? I pre paid the room and it was 10:00 p.m. where was I going to go? Answer: "That is not our problem. Unfortunately, some people break the rules and smoke any way. "

Customer service at it's finest.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Marilou B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Per our conversation on 11/11/2013 I truly apologize that the room you were registered in smelled of smoke. We thouroughly clean and deodorize any rooms that guest(s) have smoked in having ignored the no smoking law. I sincerely apologize that there was still a lingering smoke odor. If we are not full we do not rent a room that has been smoked in. If we are full in order to honor all reservations we do rent a room that was smoked in after a thorough cleaning and deoderizing. Again, I sincerely apologize and hope to see you in the future under better circumstances.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our small group stayed one evening on a weekend and we were impressed with
the cleanliness, great customer service and attention to detail. The rooms were
very nice and pristine. I hope this newer hotel stays beautiful over the years.
Morning breakfast was limited to a buffet, but it was priced well.

Room Tip: Ask if there are parties on your floor if you want to avoid late nite noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments. I am very happy that you had the opportunity to stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just needed a quick place to stay while visiting Albion College. Had a very afforable king-bed suite. Internet was good. Restaurant nice (although service was a bit slow). Nice area of Jackson. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LisainMichigan
Thank you so much for your comments. We truly appreciate any and all feedback. I agree that we have a great location. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to the area. Thanks!!!
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Overall I would say the stay was good, the staff was very helpful when we needed to find a dry cleaners. The room was just okay nothing too special for the price. My fiance and I had a 2 queen room, it was nice and cozy and seemed clean. We had found just a few things in the bathroom. There was a hair in the shower and a few stains in the tub, but nothing terrible. There was also a stain on the comforter in-between the two sheets that was not a huge deal for us. There is a nice breakfast each morning but you will have to pay extra. We did have one big issue there was a team traveling through that kept slamming doors all night, called down the the front desk to have it taken care of and by 12 am when the team and supervisors when to bed the doors finally stopped getting slammed.

So overall not terrible but for the price probably would not stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Angela C,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This Holiday Inn is quite new with a clean, modern decor. We had a regular King room on the highway side on the 4th floor and didn't notice any noise at all. Everything was clean and we had no problems at all during our 4 night stay. We heard absolutely no noise from the other rooms around us, or from the hallway. The wifi was fast and free, elevators were quick, and the lobby is attractive. We didn't use the restaurant, pool, or fitness room so can't comment on those. I was surprised that breakfast is not included - but maybe we're used to HI-Express where they do this. There are plenty of nearby places to eat and shop, and Starbuck's is just one exit east of the hotel. Staff was efficient and friendly. It's always nice to stay in a newer hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
I am so happy that you enjoyed your 4 day stay with us. We do have a good location with easy access. I hope that you are able to try our restaurant on your next visit as we have wonderful food. Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the area. Thanks!!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is brand new, with all the sparkle and cleanliness that implies. The main indoor pool is small but serviceable, and they have an excellent baby pool for the little guys. Food in the restaurant is average; nothing exciting. The maid for our room could have been a little more meticulous (never cleaned the coffee maker, and left us without coffee cups one day). But overall, a comfortable experience, and good for kids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your feedback. All feedback is reviewed and discussed with the team members. I agree that we have a great "kiddie pool". I hope you will travel to the Jackson area again soon and I have the opportunity to meet you. Thanks!!!
Chicagoland, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with the service. We got in to our non smoking room around midnight only to find the prior guests had smoked in the room (the whole hotel is no - smoking) when we called to the front desk to tell them it wasn't us and we wanted to make sure would not be surcharged, bit were willing to stay. Judi upgraded us for the trouble. She turned a negative into a positive.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your comments. We make every effort to insure that this non-smoking hotel stays non-smoking per the law. Unfortunatley, on occasion, a guest(s) does smoke in a room and we thoroughly clean and deodorize those rooms. I am so happy Judy was able to make the negative a positive, as that is what we constantly strive for. I hope to meet you on your next visit. Thanks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Comfort Inn & Suites
Super 8 Jackson
Super 8 Jackson
#9 of 10 in Jackson
3.0 of 5 stars 94 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd? Share your experiences!