“Great Custo!mer Service”

Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed June 23, 2013

When I arrived I was met by the friendly greeting of JD. He got me to my room quickly and effortlessly. Later I came down to ask where to go for dinner. JD pulled out several folders and asked me what kind of food I was looking for. He also shared with me that they have their own restaurant and provided me with menu. The food in the restaurant was excellent. It was well seasoned and a good sized portion. The waitress was so welcoming and took excellent care of me.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves which is a plus!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We are a local family and stayed at this hotel for a goodie for my developmentally delayed son's birthday. It is a little pricey but we've paid more in less populated areas for worse.
I tried to call the hotel directly to check on rates but was transferred to the IHC number which didn't go through. I called the hotel back and was again transferred to IHC only to be told by the very nice operator that she couldn't match the online price I had found and advised to book that room. I did-requesting a late checkout as a Priority Club member and included my number in the comment section. I had forgotten to request a room away from the highway as others have mentioned in their posts.
Upon arrival, William (?) our check-in host was quick and efficient. Upon inquiring about the room away from the highway I was told we had already been placed there. He also surprised me by pulling out a gift bag for Priority Club members from behind the counter. Seems he was 2 steps ahead of me! (The bag contained a bottle of water, and snack size Doritos, Whoppers, and Twix Bar-oh well). I was also informed we could have 10% off the bar and dinner purchased af the restaurant.
The restaurant-I am confused about this-it was situated directly adjacent to the lobby seating area with no barrier between. Although the decor was attractive, I can't imagine eating my dinner adjacent to a group in the lobby. We did not eat here-we picked up pizza. The prices in the in-room menu for the restaurant were low for a hotel-$7.00 for burger and a side but not extensive choices. There were also 2 menus, 1 for the restaurant and 1 for room service although the restaurant indicated it offered room service as well so I'm not sure if they share services or not.
Our room was a double queen room on the fourth floor-room 417. I think the room next to ours was slightly larger but didn't check it out. For the 3 of us the room was plently large containing a work desk with great lighting and easy access to dsl port and free wi-fi. There was an in-room coffee maker (included coffee not recommended), microwave and frig. The frig had a Smart Ones freezer meal included, but I'm sure the hotel did not intend this! The windows do not open but we had a nice view of a hotel patio seating 2- 4 person parties, grassy field with wild flowers, woods, and the top half of the Meijer store next door which was not intrusive at all. Also, it appeared there was a wedding going on and we heard no noise. The only noise we heard all night was doors slamming.
To the interior itself-as I said, 2 comfortable queen beds with hard and soft pillows on each and duvets. Individual room air but they are window units and can be loud. 32" LG FlatScreen TV with HBO. There were sheers and black out curtains which skimmed the top of the air unit letting in light underneath, slightly. The decor is current and relaxing. I always check for bed bugs every where we go and there were no signs.
The bathroom seemed spacious for one person and 2 people could maneuvre to use it. Included an on the wall hair dryer. Usually I hate these, but the cord was wired up out of the way so I could still flip my head over and dry my hair without the cord getting the way. Also were a shampoo, lotion, 2-soaps, and conditioner from bath/body works. Coconut/Lime/Verbena. Nice, usually you get shampoo/conditioner combined. The towels were large enough to wrap around all of us and tuck in. The variable shower was strong and hot. The bath large enough to soak. Complimentary personal items if you forget yours.
Pool-there is an adult pool and kid's pool with an Umbrella thing pouring (I mean pouring) down water. There is a lift for people with disabilities to get into the adult pool.! Plusss!!!
Weight room-a few treadmills, and stair steppers. Also free weight bench.
All in all-I recommend this hotel.
The cons-there is no hot tub, but there may be some in some rooms. The domestic service staff were not informed of our late check out and tried to enter the room as we were in the bath. Not sure about the restaurant situation? No safe in the room! There also is no heat lamp in the bathroom but we didn't care.

Room Tip: Request room away from highway, include your Priority Club numbers, and request late checkout. The...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JosieMichigan
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This HI is newer and a large hotel. I got the last room available that night. A very large suite, meant for a family. I didn't need 2 bunk beds. There is a bar and restaurant on the main level, which looked very nice. The hotel is easy to see from the highway, located on a service road behind Meijers.
Even though the hotel is newer, my room showed signs of wear. Plus the road noise was constant. I faced the highway and suffered for it. Next time I will know better.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My corporate office is in Michigan, so we always stay at this Holiday Inn. They have added room service to the services which was nice after a day of long meetings. Stayed 5 days using the conference facitlities, so we were served breakfast, lunch and snack daily. The food was good, and our waitress was amazing! Usually ate in the bar or in the room at night. Food was good there as well. Only complaint would be bar kept running out of supplies. (we were a very large group). Only other suggestion I could make, is a covered smoking area was not available outside, and it was -4, and snowing for most of the 5 days. I'm sure I will be back here numerous times. It's always a pleasant stay...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is the first time in Jackson for business and based on my own experience I won't need to find any other options while in The area in the future. Free Internet, room service, new everything... My only recommendation would be to contact the hotel in advance and get written direction to the hotel; no GPS seem to find the right location.

• Stayed: December 2012
Marilou B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your great comments they are very appreciated. We are aware of the GPS issue and have been trying to get it solved. I apologize for the error in directions. I am looking forward to meeting you on your next visit. Have a Great Holiday Season, and thanks again!!!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were staying in Jackson one night for a wedding. The GPS took us to Holiday Inn Road and a scary hotel called the Avalon, which was the old Holiday Inn. The new HI is located next to the Meijer store and you will need to circle back to get there. So look for the Meijer and save yourself a detour. The hotel was nice and new. We thought it very odd that they didn't put a hot tub in. Our family was disappointed in that fact but it came as no surprise since we had read other reviews that alerted us. We ate breakfast at the restaraunt and it was good with very friendly and efficient service. Prices were moderate, $8.25 for an omelette. Extra for coffee and tip. The elevators are in the main TV meeting area which was sparsely decorated with furniture arranged in a vast open arrangement and not in a way suitable to congregating or visiting. I've not seen such a poor use of space in a newer hotel in a long time and i have been in other new Holiday Inns recently. All in all the hotel was clean and new and a fine stay for one night. Rooms were comfortable and clean and each with it's own fridge and microwave which is very nice for travelers and families.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My only complaint about this hotel is that I had a hard time finding it - my GPS's map was out-dated and it took me to the location of the creepy old Holiday Inn. However, when I gave up and called the front desk, they were able to give me excellent directions on how to find it. I had originally asked for a top floor room, but when I checked in I was somewhere in the middle. The front desk worker explained that he'd put me in that room on purpose because it was quieter as it didn't face the highway - I appreciated his thoughtfulness. I ordered room service twice, and it arrived on time and everything was tasty. I will be staying here again the next time I'm in town on business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson
Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Chelsea

Been to Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd? Share your experiences!