“Nice basic place, clean and quiet.”

Magnuson Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ishpeming
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've stayed here several times and it has been a pretty consistently good experience. They have four rooms that allow dogs, and they want to be told at the time of the reservation that you will have a dog with you. The room this latest trip was clean and close to the stairs. Security here is pretty good - you have to card in at any time unless you use the lobby. No fridge in the room but there is a microwave by the ice machine.

Complimentary breakfast is next door at the Country Grille so you can either take the complimentary choice or knock $3 off your bill from the regular menu - much preferable to the norm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CountryVillage49849, General Manager at Magnuson Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you agin very soon! RL

There are newer reviews for Magnuson Country Inn

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel was very clean. The pool was great. Breakfast was great too. We just wish the pool would have stayed open to kids for a bit longer. We had a lovely time on the Pictured Rocks cruise, but my kids were disappointed that when we returned to the hotel the pool was closing in 5mins. The pool also didn't open until 10am so they couldn't swim the next morning. This made the overall value of the hotel less attractive because I was willing to pay extra for the pool/slide and we really never got to use it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Susan W

Thanks, we hope to see you again soon! RL

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I always stay at the Best Western here in Ishpeming. The folks are friendly & the rooms are very nice. I have stayed here several times during the snowmobile season & warmer weather. Very quiet & restful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
CountryVillage49849, Owner at Magnuson Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thanks for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again very soon! RL

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way back from vacation in the U.P. The price was very cheap, so we had pretty low expectations. We were actually pleasently suprised. The room was pretty spacious, and the shower had many different spray settings. The room did not have a refridgerator or microwave. The pool was smaller, but warm. My daughter and I went down to the pool twice, once in the morning and once at night. We had the pool to ourselves both times. The hot tub was also small, but was very hot and had many jets. There is coffee available all day long. The hotel is very close to a family restaurant (Country Grill), a McDonald's, a grocery store, and a gas station. Along with your room, you get a breakfast deal at Country Grill. For the price, the hotel was impressive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the kind words. We hope to see you again soon! RL

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good hotel with lots of services nearby (restaurant, microbrewery, grocery store, hardware store, RV park). Cliffs Shaft mine museum close by as well. Italian fest was at Al Quall Park about a mile away. Bands, Italian food, souvenirs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate the kind words. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Well I'm not strong this was a bad hotel just doesn't deserve the Best Western name. I stay in a lot of hotels across this country and I can tell you I have stayed in Super 8's that are just as nice for a much better price! I have stayed a American Inn's that have a better breakfast then what this hotel offers to you. Now the rooms do have nice beds and updated tv's, but the hotel it self is out dated the air conditioners in the rooms are old and not all of then blow out cold air. I had other people in my group that's how I can speak about the a/c. The bath rooms are small and extremely cramped. Come see for yourself. It's no surprise in the photos they posted about the hotel there showing off the sites of the city! This hotel is way over priced when it doesn't compare to other Best Westerns! Stay where you have to, but I do not recommend this hotel at the price. Drop the price on the room and not a bad hotel. Look at the out side and it will explain what you get on the inside. Not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013

I apologize that we did not meet your lodging expectations. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking to improve our facilities. Thanks for the review. RL

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My sister and I took my mom here to stay for Mother's Day and to enjoy the craft show! It was a great stay! We got a deal online, and had no problem checking in or with the deal! Clean room and pool area! I was very pleased to see a lift in the pool for people who had disabilities or had difficulty getting in the pool. Don't know if it was for 1 particular person or for everyone, but never the less, a great thing to see!!! Pool was open early, which is a plus for me!! It was a little chilly, but it probably is great in hot weather!! Staff was very friendly! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
CountryVillage49849, Owner at Magnuson Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for the review and for staying with us. We are glad you liked the accommodations and had a good time/stay. We look forward to seeing you agin soon! RL

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ishpeming
Jasper Ridge Inn
#2 of 3 in Michigamme
Dancing Eagles Resort
Dancing Eagles Resort
#1 of 2 in Watersmeet

Been to Magnuson Country Inn? Share your experiences!