“FIFTY BUCKS cheaper if you don't need a POOL!”
Review of Jasper Ridge Inn

Jasper Ridge Inn
Jasper Ridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ishpeming
Reviewed June 11, 2012

As normal in most recreational area spots the rent isn't cheap, however just by having my laptop with wifi I was able to save about $50 and only had to drive two blocks. Most motel/hotels have wifi and I had pulled into a Best Western that was on the main road and it was booked solid except for the room I needed, which is for the disabled. The price was quite pricey for about 6 hours sleep I had time for so I pulled out the laptop, started her up, and I picked up the wifi from the motel and looked for other places. Found a place two blocks away that was $30 cheaper and drove over there. I told the clerk that I had AAA, AARP, Government ID, anything & everything and what was the best price. She gave me $20 off more than what it said online and I grabbed it.
The Jasper Ridge Inn is about 2 blocks off the main road and is very nice newer motel that has everything you want except a pool. There is a Brewery Pub almost directly across the street that not only made the best beer I have EVER tasted, they had a huge menu and the food was also the best of had at a place that had the name brewery in it.
Back to the motel. The rooms are large enough and very clean. They do have a continental breakfast which is what you'd expect, and the staff (all 3 shifts) were very pleasant and knowledgable. Another point is since it is a couple of blocks from the main road it is very quiet.
You could drive to Marquette about 25 miles away to find something just a bit cheaper though I don't think you could have gotten anything nicer for what I had to pay. Funny thing was when I was leaving I found out the same people that owned the Best Western own the Jasper Inn also! Enjoy the U.P. of Michigan!

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. They're all quiet since the place is a c...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
CountryVillage49849, Owner at Jasper Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thanks and see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Jasper Ridge Inn

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The room and staff are all fine but the smell was terrible. I am not sure if it was the cleaning product or what but it is still stuck in my nose. If I were not so tired when I arrived I would have moved to another motel. If you are going to stay there, ask to smell the room first.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Kathy B

Sorry to hear about the odor issue. We have not had any issues since then so we believe it to have been an isolated incident. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nice people, good prices, but holy cow, you better hope your next door neighbor is an 85 year old nun who doesn't snore!

I was in one of those connected rooms with an interior door between them, so maybe that was the problem. When the fine folks next door were talking in a normal, conversational voice, they might as well have been sitting in my room.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NoRebounds

Thanks for the review. Sorry about the noise problems you had with us.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife and I were traveling across upper Michigan and had tried to spend the night in Marquette but all of the hotels were full due to Beer Fest so we traveled on ten miles more to Ishpeming and spent one night at Jasper Ridge Inn. The two story motel was clean with spacious rooms and a friendly staff. There is no elevator so if you stay on the second floor you must carry your bags up one flight of stairs. The free breakfast was just enough to start us on way to Wisconsin. There were restaurant choices within walking distance of the motel. A nice place to stay for a small town.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BankguyArkansas

Thank you!

Reviewed September 11, 2009

We traveled to Ishpeming to visit family and always stayed at a different motel. This year I needed something larger because we took our 2 grandchildren along and I am so glad we found this motel. It looked rather small outside but once we opened the door to our suite we were all surprised. The room was really large-2 beds, a sofa and coffee table, desk with high speed internet, refridgerator and microwave and lots of lighting. But the best thing--IT WAS VERY CLEAN and the staff was so friendly and helpful. We used the indoor pool at the motel next door and also the outside pool at the RV park behind the motel and both were very nice. I would highly recommend this place for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank abcpoohnut

Thank you, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2007

I stayed at this and the nearby Best Western Country Inn while house-hunting and closing as I moved to the area. The Jasper Ridge Inn was clean, nice, and the staff very friendly. The rooms are rather large and geared more toward the business traveler. Desks were bigger, more sitting space, and of course high speed internet. I stayed in a Jacuzzi suite, with a very large hot tub.

Jasper Ridge Inn is very well-situated. It is directly across the street from the local microbrewery and easy walking distance to a coffee shop, McDonalds, Country Kitchen, a movie theater, and other small businesses. Guests at Jasper also have access to the pool at the Best Western Country Inn, but that's a cold walk when you're wet in January.

In terms of winter recreation, Jasper Ridge is right on the private cross country ski trail and about two miles from the Al Quaal park ski area. Access to the #8 snowmobile trail is directly across the street, and the ACE Hardware next door rents Arctic Cat sleds.

The only downside I experienced was the pet policy. On my second visit to Ishpeming I brought my dog. We had to stay in a smoking room at the Country Inn. If you are travelling with kids, the Country Inn is a better choice because of the pool and play area.

Stayed: January 2007
5  Thank New_Yooper

Thanks for the kind words. Hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ishpeming
Magnuson Country Inn
#1 of 19 in Marquette
Cedar Motor Inn
Cedar Motor Inn
#9 of 19 in Marquette

Been to Jasper Ridge Inn? Share your experiences!