“Great”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Ironwood
Alexandria, Minnesota
“Great”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

A very clean, comfortable room. The employees were very friendly and helpful. A wonderful hot breakfast was available with many choices of things to eat. Good price and a great place to stay. There was coffee in the room as well as in the lobby. The inn also has a pool and hot tub for your enjoyment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMCIIronwood, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments about our property.

We have an awesome staff that takes great pride in customer service.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in your travels.

Sue Spets

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Whitehall, Mt
Reviewed August 22, 2013

FIRST...make sure you have a reservation!.. This place is known to be the "value" in town and sells out nightly!.. Second...DO NOT select the Golden Dragon for your dinner! No longer serving Mexican food as advertised...the term "slow dog on a stick" has a new meaning within the USA after eating from them! (in Singapore, that usually means GOOD FOOD from a street vender...not in this country/town!).. The property is showing it's age from the carpeting and hallway smells - but, the rooms don't suffer from these smells - ours was fresh once the door was closed. Minus the smell issue/age of the carpet...this is a good value in an out of the way spot! The room was VERY clean.

Room Tip: Further to the back is quiet, away from street noises.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mackinaw City, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were glad to find a vacancy. While probably not originally a Comfort Inn, it was a good find for the night in Ironwood. Seems to do a good business. Fairly quiet. Check-in was easy. Older hotel but huge bonus was earning Choice Privileges points.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Highland
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The UP of Michigan is very sparse so finding a hotel you would think is tough. It is not!! I highly suggest this hotel. The staff was very nice, got us checked in right away and had coupons for a couple of places they suggested for dinner. It is a fairly large hotel and holds quite a few people. Breakfast was fantastic and the room had plenty of seats for everyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Really, this was a 4, at best--nice property, nice rooms, clean, everything worked. Did NOT have a fridge or nuke, which was OK since we seldom use them.

But we arrived on a summer evening, having only made the reservation the night before. The parking lot was jammed. A dozen Harleys were lined up, facing out, exhausts pointing towards the first-story rooms. Children in bathing suits were running everywhere. As I waited to check in, angry travelers were finding out that, no, we DON'T have anything, booked solid, sorry, try over in Wisconsin.

Recipe for disaster, right?

Well, it was dam near perfect. I understand that the staff does not walk the halls pounding on doors to tell people to quiet down, but SOMETHING was going on here, because it was so quiet that we woke up an hour late, and had to hustle down to get the last of the breakfast.

Which, by the way, was still being restocked, even at 9:00 AM, and the area still being continuously freshened up by staff.

BTW, despite being booked solid, this was still one of the cheapest rates we got on our entire trip.

Good job, folks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eureka, California
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We especially liked the look of this motel, because it was tastefully decorated with local artifacts, e.g., skis, snowshoes. The motel was very comfortable with especially pleasant staff. The only downside was the white-carb-laden breakfast. This is not unusual, but we keep hoping for better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrstuna
Horton
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while just passing through Ironwood on our way to Minnesota from Michigan. I think we were upgraded, because we had a whirlpool tub, and I wish now I had used it, but I planned to swim early in the morning so I was tired and just went to bed.

Bed was comfortable, room was clean. We didn't lack for anything in the room and it was quiet enough. The hotel isn't especially fancy, but it certainly is adequate, and about what is expected in the U. P. for a small-town hotel. We enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was OK. We had dinner at the Maple Wood Grill and it was excellent!

But I was very disappointed when I had checked on the hours of the pool, and I was waiting in my swimsuit at the opening time (7 AM--I like an early swim before breakfast as I have joint pain and it helps me a lot when we are driving all day), to find the maintenance man still cleaning the pool! I asked if I could swim and he told me it would be "at least a half-hour". Since we had to get on the road, I didn't have time to wait another half-hour, and I missed my morning swim.

IF YOU SAY THE POOL WILL BE OPEN AT 7 O'CLOCK, THAT IS WHEN IT SHOULD BE OPEN! The cleaning should be scheduled so that the pool hours can be followed as posted. People should not set an alarm to get up to swim, and find that they cannot do so. It was a deal-breaker for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ironwood
Budget Host Cloverland Motel
#6 of 11 in Ironwood
Royal Motel
Royal Motel
#1 of 1 in Ironwood

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!