All reviews lake superior shore the breakfast area in town night's sleep next morning bagels long drive mi
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Place was low-cost and a good place to stop for the night after traveling. It's an older hotel, but room was very clean and spacious.

Rooms had mini-fridge and microwave. Beds were hard as a rock though, at least in the room we had. I didn't get a lot of sleep because of this and had a long drive the next morning, so that wasn't ideal.

Our shower didn't work either. No possible way to turn it on. We tried everything.

Outlets are hard to come by too. Every outlet is either under a table or behind the nightstand or something. Want to charge your device? Unplug the lamp or alarm clock. Your pick.

Breakfast was standard and the breakfast area was small, but it did the trick.

Staff was friendly from check-in to check-out. A housekeeper accidentally came into our room in the morning as she thought it wasn't occupied. She quickly apologized.

Would probably stay again, but the beds need to be updated.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Ryan8896
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Nice clean place to stay. We stayed here on our first night of touring the UP of Michigan. Staff was very helpful with places to eat and places to walk the Lake Superior shore and watch the sun set. Definitely recommended.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank MRiseling
Reviewed August 23, 2018

For the price, this place was pretty disappointing. It had a bit of a sad feeling like it needed serious updates. The halls were shabby. The room was ok, nothing special, but for the sane price I could have stayed up the street at the Comfort Inn where other family members were, and it seemed way better.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sue m
Reviewed August 20, 2018

This location provided us with a quiet and clean room after a very long drive. It was actually recommended by another hotel in town that was full, but staff were kind enough to phone ahead and find us a room here. We were pleased with the value for the cost.

Room tip: Our room was on the main floor facing the back of the hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2018

We were traveling because of a family medical emergency so didn't have a lot of time to plan. Rodeway is a Choice Privileges partner so we stayed there. .
I gave it a very good rating because it was - most importantly CLEAN and that is my highest criteria.
The room was large enough for our things, well lit. The manager was very cordial and friendly. It was conveniently located right off the highway with a restaurant almost in the same parking lot (we did not eat there). Also we did not eat the continental breakfast so I cannot comment on that

I guess my only gripe was that as in almost all hotels the air conditioner was set at 63. Such a terrible waste of our resources. I wish the industry would wake up and join the 21st century and try to conserve our resources.

All in all I would recommend for a quick overnight.

I

Room tip: No elevator as far as I know so choose main level if needed.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple