“Excellent for what it is”

Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Ironwood
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is a budget hotel in an area where that's pretty much all there is to choose from, and "for what it is" this is actually an excellent property. Don't let the modest exterior fool you. Clean and welcoming lobby area, friendly staff, clean corridors, clean and comfortable rooms, firm beds, good water pressure and temperature, good climate control...basically, everything you need. I ding'd them a star because electrical outlets in the room are indeed scarce and not readily accessible...a 2014 must, even at a budget chain.

Insider tip: Sign up for the "Value Club" BEFORE you book your room...it's a free sign-up and provides better discounts than even AAA/AARP.

I would certainly recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
tracy m, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your positive comments! For the few extras that we may lack, we certainly do our best to make up for it in our cleanliness! We thank you for your eagerness to recommend us and we hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I had traveled to Ironwood to visit a very good friend. When I checked into the hotel the staff at the counter was nothing short of amazing. Such a friendly staff that you have I was pleasently surprised how they go out of their way to make you feel so welcomed and appreciated. They get to know you and talk to you as a person, not just someone who is filling a room in their hotel. I checked into my room and my room was one of the cleanest rooms i've ever seen in a hotel. The housekeeping is kept up day to day, and they clean their rooms very well when someone checks out. The room was spacious and had plenty of space for all my luggage. The bathroom was spacious and great counter space for all my make up and hair appliances. The breakfast they serve is plenty for you to start your morning off, and the waffle machine is my favorite. I would reccomend this place to anyone who is traveling through Ironwood. It feels like home.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
tracy m, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you so incredibly much for your amazing review! We greatly appreciate guests like you! We are excited that you enjoyed your stay so much and that we were able to provide you with everything you needed! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I travel to Ironwood two to four days a month to visit family residing in two different nursing homes. I always stay here and have been for many years. The rooms are always very clean, the breakfast is more than sufficient and Tracy and her staff are always helpful and friendly. I wouldn't even consider staying any place else. I have recommended it to other family members when they travel to Ironwood.

Room Tip: I have stayed in many of the rooms and have found all of them satisfactory. In the winter I like a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
tracy m, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback!! We truly appreciate it! We are delighted that you enjoy our hotel so much and we take great pride in our cleanliness! Also, thank you for recommending us! Can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

First off, if you DONT have a need for a hot tub or a pool, go no further and stay here. I've stayed most all other places in town and this is the best bang for the buck. Impeccably clean. And the breakfast is workable as well. What would be the icing on the cake (as a skier and snowmobiler) is if they would get the hot tub back into working order. Want a good dinner, walk across the parking lot. I had a small fridge and microwave in my room. Everything worked well, TONS of hot water. Did I mention that it's really clean? The management at this place does a nice job. Looks a dated from the outside but the inside is just fine. new carpet in the halls too. I'd have given it top marks if the hot tub were functional......

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
tracy m, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments! I enjoyed talking to you in the morning and congratulations on your son's graduation! We would love to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I Travel to ironwood 4-5 days a week for work, the only place I stay at for years. The staff is friendly ,kind,and very helpful.the breakfast is great. I also find the rates very good. Never had a dirty room they are clean .If you travel to ironwood
Stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014
tracy m, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your positive comments! We are thrilled that you enjoy your stays and we value you as a frequent guest. We take pride in our cleanliness and strive to make every stay as pleasant as yours.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The evening staff were very friendly when my husband, dog and I checked in on April 25/14. But the woman (don't know her name) was very rude to me the next morning, I was making waffles and the machine started beeping, well she yells at me from behind counter and says " turn it so that noise shuts off" was having problems didn't know what I was doing, she made a disgusting noise and came and turned it. My husband was waiting by our room for me (119) and heard everything. Just saying scan your staff, she was RUDE!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank klrobertson
tracy m, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are very sorry about your experience, and waffle makers can be tricky. We will take steps in insure that this doesn't happen again, and we hope that you'll give us another try.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here on our trip to Apostle Islands. The room was too warm when we arrived and the heat was turned off. It had appeared to be clean when we arrived however after sleeping in the bed our friends had discovered a ticket to a high school "Snowfest Dance". So to me this would mean that the bedding had not been cleaned. The breakfast was fine, they offered bagels, cereal, waffles, and danishes which they had ran out of.

We had asked the front desk attendant if she had gone to the ice caves, she had but wasn't impressed. We had also asked about other area attractions which she knew of none. I would suggest you acquaint your staff with your beautiful surroundings, your area has much to offer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
tracy m, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I wish you would have let the frond desk clerk know you were unhappy with your room so we could have resolved this while you were here. We would have been happy to help you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ironwood
AmericInn Ironwood
#5 of 11 in Ironwood
Indianhead Motel
Indianhead Motel
#4 of 11 in Ironwood

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood? Share your experiences!