“Do not stay here if you have children or are scared of germs!”

Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Ironwood
Ironwood, Michigan, United States
“Do not stay here if you have children or are scared of germs!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room was large enough with 2 queen beds and a twin, but all 3 beds were lumpy. The room smelled like there had been beer spilled all over the carpet, plus the carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a year, nor vacuumed in WEEKS. The mini fridge had someone's moldy leftovers in it & was filthy. I had to walk to the store next to the hotel to get Lysol spray & wipes to sort of sanitize the room before I'd let my grandchildren in there!! I did mention this to the girl at the desk & asked for a refund so we could go somewhere else, but we were refused as the manager was unable to be contacted as the time of the evening. In the morning (We did not have 'extra' funds to just leave & lose the money), I asked for the manager for perhaps some kind of discount but again she was unavailable. I am not OCD about germs, but maybe the manager should be aware of what the rooms look like after they have been "cleaned" and the procedure for complaints??

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
tracy m, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We are very sorry about your experience at our hotel. We would like you to know that we have new management at the property and have made many changes to improve our services. There is never an excuse for the issue that you had during your stay and we truly hope that you will try us again in the future to see the improvements we have made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was not particularly clean and the staff not service orientated. I arrived for breakfast at 900 am and could find no cereal bowl. I asked for one and was told that breakfast ended at 900 and they had to remove everything. I was shocked and asked again for a bowl and they refused even though the food was still out. Very rude behavior

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced. We had shared your comments with our new front desk team members and have used them as a training tool. We greatly appreciate you sharing your comments so we can make improvements at our hotel. Please come back and see us again when you are in town. Thank you.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Looking for a place to sleep as the weather closed in as I was driving the UP in Michigan. The young girl on check in was ever so polite and got me a room no problem. The motel is aging a bit, but this is no five star in a metropolis, so what do you expect. Was just what I needed to get off the road and have a comfortable night's sleep.

Breakfast the next morning was also included which was a bonus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments and we are very happy that you were pleased with your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.
Pine Lake
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We were looking for a clean and inexpensive place to stay on our way home from visiting family. I liked the fact that the hotel was not right up against the highway and we stopped in. The staff was very friendly and they gave me a good price for our quick overnight. The room was nice, clean, and very comfortable. My husband liked the hot waffles they had for breakfast. The hotel was right off the main road near gas stations and we had an early breakfast and were well on our way.

The hotel had the basic amenities which was good. I didn't pay extra for a pool and other things that I wasn't going to use anyway. I would say this is a good clean economical hotel and would suggest it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Lisa, Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Red Lake, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The room had a musty smell although the room was clean. The beds were comfortable and pillows fine. We got a good night sleep as the room was facing residential and away from the highway. Breakfast consisted of waffles, toast, cereal coffee, juice. There wasn't any fruit or yogurt that I see at hotels in this price range. I wanted a shower in the morning but it was broken. I told this to the front desk when I was checking out and he would not give me any sort of reimbursement for this and tried to phone the manager at home who didn't answer the phone. If the shower situation had been resolved I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces the back off the highway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We try to make everyones stay enjoyable. I am sorry that you were experiencing problems during your stay. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. Again we apoligize for any inconvenience and hope that you would consider staying with us in the future.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a pleasant surprise. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and nice and it was quiet which was also nice. For a smaller hotel off the beaten path they do have free wi-fi and breakfast. Would definitely stay here again! Pay no attention to Kinkuu's review. If they even had that bad of a problem during their stay our stay was wonderful. Sounds like they were just too damn picky. : o

Room Tip: It's all good!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chelsea, Michigan
Reviewed June 5, 2012

It is an older motel, but the price is quite reasonable. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The first room I was assigned had been a smoking room in the past (I suspect). When I asked about this, the staff immediately put me in a different room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and we are pleased that you were happy with your stay. Sorry about the confusion on the smoking room, we are glad we were able to correct it quickly. Please come see us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ironwood
Comfort Inn
#4 of 11 in Ironwood
Royal Motel
Royal Motel
#1 of 1 in Ironwood

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood? Share your experiences!