“I'll Stay Again”
Review of AmericInn Ironwood

AmericInn Ironwood
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ironwood
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Although I didn't take advantage of the breakfast, swimming pool, or other amenities, I definitely recommend this hotel. It was clean and comfortable, and more than met my expectations. Probably the outstanding feature was the bed! It was extremely comfy and, for the first time in ages, my husband's back felt great. Usually hotel beds give him a lot of grief. The staff was super friendly and helpful, too. I'll stay there again when I'm next in Ironwood.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Ironwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I am so glad to hear your positive feedback and we look forward to impressing you even more during your next visit!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying at the AmericInn because their quality can be uneven but we could not have been happier. Very clean, very nice staff, very comfortable beds. A couple of very minor glitches with the room that did not inhibit our enjoyment in the slightest and I suspect they were both fixed well before anyone else checked in. I told the manager not to worry about fixing them when we were there but she seemed to care and so they were probably fixed right after we checked out. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Very much like a Hampton Inn for those looking for a comparison.

Room Tip: There's probably an elevator for those who can't easily walk one flight but we stayed on the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! I do apologize for any issues you had during your stay but I can assure you that Marcy takes every one very seriously and we sincerely appreciate having them brought to our attention. Please come back again soon!!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Super friendly staff! Breakfast is unbelieavably good! There were 6 of us and we were all shocked at how good it was! We stay here everytime we are in town - and there's a reason for that! Rooms appear to be redecorated, this hotel is awesome!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Ironwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for the awesome review! We are so delighted that you all loved the breakfast as we are continuing to make improvements hoping to impress. Come back soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayed at the AmericInn in Ironwood many times and I honeslty can't think of a single negative thing to say, besides my visits are too short! The front desk staff is always smiling and friendly and welcomes you the second you walk through the door. The lobby is warm and inviting and the rooms are nicely decorated and very relaxing. I traveled with 2 teenage girls and they loved the pool and hot tub, the breakfast and hot coffee in the morning were a nice treat as well. While the girls slept in on Sunday morning I enjoyed my coffee and my book at the nice outside patio in front of the hotel. Came home from the weekend feeling refreshed! Will definitely continue staying at this hotel when I visit and will encourage everyone I know to stay there as well!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and for the vote of confidence in our hotel! We enjoy having you and your family each time you visit and look forward to seeing you again soon. The coffee is on!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Everything was awesome! The front desk staff was very polite and helpful, check in was easy and we were in our room in no time. They called a few minutes after arriving and settling in to make sure everything about our room was to our liking and to see if we needed anything. Liked having a pool and hot tub available and that there were hours just for adults. We loved the hot breakfast in the morning. Good coffee!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I had to travel from Thunder Bay ON to Peterborough ON to an unexpected funeral for a dear friend. We decided to drive from another friends home in London ON through Sarnia and south along Lake Superior via the USA home. We were tired and needed to stop and pulled into the AmericInn in Ironwood MI late one evening after a long days drive which included going through a severe storm. High winds, hail and heavy rain with tree branches flying everywhere! Our newer AWD vehicle stalled at one point from all the water on the highway. I was met at the front desk by Mikayla, such a sweet girl who looked after us so well I will never forget her! Our room, room rate, and whole experience was excellent. The breakfast was amazing too!

Room Tip: backside was very quiet and nicely treed
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Ironwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

I am so very sorry to hear of the purpose of your trip through our neck of the woods and the fact that the journey itself was so difficult. We were so happy to have you and I will certainly share your heatfelt thanks with Mikayla! We would be delighted to have you again under better circumstances as Ironwood and the surrounding area make for a wonderful vacation spot! Take care!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for one night on our way to northern Wisconsin. As other reviewers have said, the hotel and rooms have been renovated and are comfortably modernized. We had a king whirlpool suite on the second floor. There was a bit of parking lot noise (motorcycles), but that's obviously out of the hotel's control. We both thought the bed was quite comfortable, and the room was spacious and clean. Our TV reception was not great - most of the channels were fuzzy - but we weren't there long enough to watch much TV, so it didn't bother us. Perhaps Ironwood in general doesn't get great TV reception...? Breakfast was very satisfying, and the service at the front desk was great. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your review and I am very happy to hear you appreciate the work we have put into the hotel. We are proud of the improvements we have made and have more in the works! Come back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ironwood
Comfort Inn
#4 of 11 in Ironwood
The Cedars Motel
The Cedars Motel
#5 of 11 in Ironwood

Been to AmericInn Ironwood? Share your experiences!