“Fantastic Stay”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Iron River
Reviewed August 24, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay. I am always greeted as a valued customer and have not had a better stay at any hotel chain. The staff is so friendly, the rooms clean and well kept, the beds comfortable. Right on the ATV trail makes it very convenient for traveling. That being said, I have never been disturbed by any noises either inside or outside of the hotel.
Breakfast is ready as advertised and early on many days which makes it nice for workers that start before the sun comes up.
I recommend this as the #1 place to stay in the entire area.

Room Tip: If you need a pet room, just ask, they are happy to accomidate. pssst, the jacuzzi rooms are great!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean, nice, and convenient has what you need and has friendly staff. So if you need to stay local this is the place Hey it has wifi and indoor pool and breakfast too. It can also accommodate pets in certain rooms

• Stayed: August 2013
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy that overall you had a great stay. We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing the AmericInn of Iron River for your lodging needs.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I recently spent two nights at AmericInn and found the staff to be very helpful, and accommodating. The bed linens(blankets under the spread) were full of holes throughout. I found this on both beds in the room. The following day the linens were changed, and again the blankets were in need of replacement. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone because of the condition of the beds.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the condition of the linens. I have forwarded it to the appropriate department. This is unacceptable. We hope you will visit us again. We are staffed 24 hours to assure our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay, so please let us know of any problems and we will take care of them immediately. Thank you for choosing the AmericInn of Iron River.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in Iron River, while revisiting some of my Dad's childhood stomping grounds. The hotel was fine - a bit dated, but honestly, so is Iron River and it is part of the charm of the town/hotel. The kiddos LOVED the strawberries for the waffle toppings - they would come back based on that alone!

Here's what I didn't care for - the signs hanging around the hotel telling me not to use the ice machine to fill my cooler, not to forget my pool key and then pound on the door, not to bring my pet in, etc. I realize this is probably a hotel that gets hunting/skiing groups that might do these things, but I don't and felt like we were being yelled at every time we turned a corner.

• Stayed: July 2013
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast! Signage mostly makes it easier for the guest. Unfortunately guests often forget their pool key and our staff is out helping other guests and then they can't get in and they get frustrated. Per health codes pets are not allowed in the front door, thats where our breakfast is served. I am sorry you felt the signs were made to make our guests feel bad. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I checked in on a Monday night on a business trip. The check in process was horribly long, especially since I stopped in originally just to get a room rate. The rate seemed reasonable if everything with the hotel would have been up to par, but it certainly wasn't. The beds were rock hard, leaving me with a sore back the next day. A nice hot shower would have hit the spot, but since housekeeping didn't bother to properly clean the shower and there was hair and other "leftovers" from the previous guest that didn't happen either. The management's answer was to give me a pittance of a credit on my stay. This is about par for the course with other Americinn hotels that I have stayed at, so I will not longer be using them in travels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize your stay wasn't what you expected and you felt the compensation you received was not what you expected also. We try very hard to take care of problems immediately when they come to our attention so a guest has an enjoyable comfortable stay. I am sorry you did not.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I came up for my 35th class reunion from Forest Park High School in Crystal Falls. There wasn't a lot to choose from in Crystal Falls for lodging. I made my reservation in the Winter I believe for the event. I truly appreciated the WiFi availability, the quiet comfortable room, and the Adult swim time from 10 pm to 12 midnight. I'm already planning my next trip to the area and you can bet for sure I will stay at your establishment again. It served as the perfect home base for not only me but for my friends to come and visit with me as well. See you as soon as possible. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I appreciated the fact that I was on a floor that seemed to have few kids. I love children but if I...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Leslie W
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and had fun at your reunion! We hope to see you next year for another reunion get together!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Americinn Lodge and Suites located at 40 East Adams Street, Iron River MI 49915 is the place to stay if you are going to the Upper Peninsula on vacation or on business. The rooms were clean and neat and the King Size bed gave me the best sleep I have had on the road in years. The staff was very helpful and directed me to the best places to go in the area. I needed some help in locating a business and they took time to make sure I knew exactly where I was going. They have a great swimming pool. The Wi-Fi is free and the signal was good so I could use my notebook to connect with the world wide web. I enjoyed the breakfast. The food was good and plenty of it. The eating area was large neat and clean and there were many tables to eat and enjoy my breakfast. I also enjoyed the parking area. The parking stalls were spacious and I never had problems parking. Americinn was the perfect place to go. I will enjoy staying at this lodge again and again. Steven M George, Eau Claire, WI

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank joecool60
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you had such a great stay! It appears you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River? Share your experiences!