“A bit dated, but homey.”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Iron River
“A bit dated, but homey.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in Iron River, while revisiting some of my Dad's childhood stomping grounds. The hotel was fine - a bit dated, but honestly, so is Iron River and it is part of the charm of the town/hotel. The kiddos LOVED the strawberries for the waffle toppings - they would come back based on that alone!

Here's what I didn't care for - the signs hanging around the hotel telling me not to use the ice machine to fill my cooler, not to forget my pool key and then pound on the door, not to bring my pet in, etc. I realize this is probably a hotel that gets hunting/skiing groups that might do these things, but I don't and felt like we were being yelled at every time we turned a corner.

• Stayed July 2013
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast! Signage mostly makes it easier for the guest. Unfortunately guests often forget their pool key and our staff is out helping other guests and then they can't get in and they get frustrated. Per health codes pets are not allowed in the front door, thats where our breakfast is served. I am sorry you felt the signs were made to make our guests feel bad. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I checked in on a Monday night on a business trip. The check in process was horribly long, especially since I stopped in originally just to get a room rate. The rate seemed reasonable if everything with the hotel would have been up to par, but it certainly wasn't. The beds were rock hard, leaving me with a sore back the next day. A nice hot shower would have hit the spot, but since housekeeping didn't bother to properly clean the shower and there was hair and other "leftovers" from the previous guest that didn't happen either. The management's answer was to give me a pittance of a credit on my stay. This is about par for the course with other Americinn hotels that I have stayed at, so I will not longer be using them in travels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize your stay wasn't what you expected and you felt the compensation you received was not what you expected also. We try very hard to take care of problems immediately when they come to our attention so a guest has an enjoyable comfortable stay. I am sorry you did not.
Adrian
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I came up for my 35th class reunion from Forest Park High School in Crystal Falls. There wasn't a lot to choose from in Crystal Falls for lodging. I made my reservation in the Winter I believe for the event. I truly appreciated the WiFi availability, the quiet comfortable room, and the Adult swim time from 10 pm to 12 midnight. I'm already planning my next trip to the area and you can bet for sure I will stay at your establishment again. It served as the perfect home base for not only me but for my friends to come and visit with me as well. See you as soon as possible. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I appreciated the fact that I was on a floor that seemed to have few kids. I love children but if I...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Leslie W
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and had fun at your reunion! We hope to see you next year for another reunion get together!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Americinn Lodge and Suites located at 40 East Adams Street, Iron River MI 49915 is the place to stay if you are going to the Upper Peninsula on vacation or on business. The rooms were clean and neat and the King Size bed gave me the best sleep I have had on the road in years. The staff was very helpful and directed me to the best places to go in the area. I needed some help in locating a business and they took time to make sure I knew exactly where I was going. They have a great swimming pool. The Wi-Fi is free and the signal was good so I could use my notebook to connect with the world wide web. I enjoyed the breakfast. The food was good and plenty of it. The eating area was large neat and clean and there were many tables to eat and enjoy my breakfast. I also enjoyed the parking area. The parking stalls were spacious and I never had problems parking. Americinn was the perfect place to go. I will enjoy staying at this lodge again and again. Steven M George, Eau Claire, WI

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank joecool60
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you had such a great stay! It appears you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The service was extremely friendly. The hotel was clean and nicely decorated. The rooms were spacious. I didn't have time to swim during my stay, but it looked like a nice pool. The breakfast was good. Overall, I was very happy with my stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Arenaud3
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and I hope on your next stay you get to enjoy the pool and spa. See you soon!
Zimmerman, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were five motorcycles, 10 people, from Minnesota. After a long day of driving everyone agreed this was a great place to rest up. First the hot tub & pool, then the hospitality room! We would stay again.

Room Tip: read the reviews. I did and the reviews were right on.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michelle K
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed all of our amenities! Nothing better than hitting the hot tub after a fun day of riding. Hope to see you again soon!
Michigan
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here again for two nights for a family event and was greeted cordially by the staff. Kind of like going to visit some distant relation. Even had a recent staff member stop by that has a new job and we talked for a couple minutes. They are all just so friendly. Everything neat and clean as usual. Not a lot in Iron River since I was young but the location is in the middle of what is left. Convenient and within walking distance of so much. A new walking trail along the Iron Rive is a nice addition to the community and the hotel has steps in the parking lot right down to it. Took a small walk the other night along the trout stream. Very relaxing and moderate exertion so most anyone can partake of this. This is also along a year round recreational trail that goes along three blue ribbon trout streams and one can go for miles on ATV's or snowmobiles. Very convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cruiseplanner1
RaeanneG, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am please that you had another wonderful visit and found some fun things to do. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iron River
Lakeshore Motel
Lakeshore Motel
#2 of 4 in Iron River
Chicaugon Lake Inn
Chicaugon Lake Inn
#1 of 2 in Iron River
Doll's Lakeside Bed and Breakfast

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Iron River? Share your experiences!