“What a marvelous setting!”
Review of Lakeshore Motel

Lakeshore Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Iron River
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Yesterday morning I glanced out the window of Room #30, saw the mist receding from Ice Lake and phoned my friend in the next room saying " Join me out front and bring your camera.". The peace of this lovely setting enveloped us as the mist dissipated over this little gem of a lake. We watched a family of ducks paddling out for their days swimming and hunting lessons. What a joyous scene! We all sat out later in the day and saw families of Canada Geese and Loons leaving wakes in the water as they went about their business. If you are looking for a very good, quiet, friendly and clean motel for a getaway, you can't do much better than this charming motel. I can understand why people come back time and again and are recognized and welcomed as friends. I've stayed in some fairly high-toned hotels in my life, but nothing comes close in atmosphere and peace.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We chose this hostelry due to the very positive reviews on Trip Advisor. It was advice well worth taking!
The room we stayed in wasn’t fancy but it was completely functional, including a microwave and small refrigerator with freezer. The most important aspect for a motel room for me is cleanliness and this one was very clean – both the room and the bathroom. Extra points!!
The beds were comfortable, there were plenty of pillows and extra towels. We also had a nice view of the lake.
In making small talk regarding the horrible meal I just couldn’t eat at a restaurant in the previous city, Claudia sent over a container of yogurt and freshly-made pizzelles for me!
A nice, standard continental breakfast was served at 7:00 am in the nicely decorated and inviting office area. It was a pleasant way to start the day.
Because nothing is perfect, I will say that the refrigerator was horribly loud for the first couple of hours it ran. The only other comment would be that the shower head is at a really low height and had one of us been 6’ tall, I think it would have been darned near impossible to wash our hair. The fact there wasn’t at least a small coffee pot keeps me from giving them the top rating – sorry, just my personal prejudice.
All in all, we were very pleased with our stay. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MeanderingMax
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Thanks so much to Claudia for a wonderful stay. Would certainly recommend this place to stay to anyone. Right on Ice Lake! absolutely beautiful. Wonderful Host! Great room as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rnethercott
Reviewed April 27, 2012

On a recommendation from a clerk at another Iron River motel, I found this inexpensive, friendly, clean motel. None of the fancies, like pancakes and room service. But $45 a nite, very clean, park at the door, quiet, muffins, hot coffee and good conversation for breakfast. What more can you ask for!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sandy R
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Clean, comfortable and great price. Claudia and Steele are wonderful. I highly recommend if you are staying in the Iron River area. I have stayed here multiple times and have not been disappointed. Make sure you sit at the breakfast table and meet your hosts and other visitors.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gary G
Reviewed November 7, 2011

If work or play takes you to Iron River Michigan, I can highly recommend the Lakeshore Motel. Claudia and Steele Magnet are terrific hosts and their scenic little motel is quiet and comfortable. Coffee and breakfast are ready each morning. And there is always the opportunity to visit with other guests. I've had the pleasure of staying here several times and will come back on other trips to Iron River. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Joel C
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My hunting partner and I recently drew a Michigan bear tag for the Amasa unit in the Upper Penninsula. Through a recommendation from our guide, we checked into one of Lakeshore Motel's quaint little cabins. Finding that cabin was like winning another lottery, it was absolutely perfect for our needs and very economical as well. Claudia and Steele, our hosts were wonderful people and made us feel like family for the week we were there. We were so impressed with the fresh towels and great room service that we enjoyed all week. I'm already planning to take my wife there for a mini vacation!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Chicaugon Lake Inn
Chicaugon Lake Inn
#1 of 2 in Iron River
Doll's Lakeside Bed and Breakfast

Been to Lakeshore Motel? Share your experiences!