“GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!”
Review of Ski Brule

Ski Brule
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-oriented outdoor recreation features "SKIwee" for kids 4 years and up, plus a 30-acre snowboard arena and 1/2 Pipe.
Madison, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just started skiing this year, so I don't really have much to compare this place to, having said that, this place was amazing. If there is better, I can't imagine! We took them up on their spring break deal of $30 per person per day for lift and lodging. Our cabin had it's own private hot tub, and even a second floor loft with twin beds which the kids enjoyed. The cabin was very clean and we felt well looked after. The mountain was right across the street so we could walk, though they offer free shuttle service.

I also appreciated that they freely allowed people to bring their own food into the main lodge and many families picnicked at the numerous tables available. Another money saving tip is we joined their friends and family program - for free, which provided $1 draft beer and $1 hot chocolates. It also provides a discount on rentals though we have our own gear.

Everyone we encountered was incredibly friendly and helpful. We stayed the required three nights (for the deal) and each night they offered a special event for the kids - though my mom friend and I joined in too. The first night was everyone's favorite tubing! The second night was marshmallow roasting and our third night was night skiing. Fun Fun Fun

The runs were plentiful and offered us room to improve our skills. I stayed on the two green runs mostly but my girls were able to progress through the runs with my eldest conquering one of the black diamonds much to her delight. Since I have little experience with these things, I was listening to others' comment in the lodge on how great they thought the runs were. They even had a rope pulled bunny hill just outside the main lodge for beginners and warming up.

One of our favorite features was the ski-in lodge along two of the runs - a green and blue run. We would plan to meet there for $1 hot chocolates and beers. My kids loved the Jamaican music playing and thought the Jamaican woman behind the counter was the best because she made them feel all international and gave them extra whipped cream for being well behaved.

I can't say enough good things about Ski Brule. We will definitely be back

Visited March 2013
2 Thank 4tickets2travel

Hazelhurst, Wisconsin, United States
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Nice hill but small”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nice hill and very well kept but small. After skiing a couple hours the hill gets boring. Expensive for what is offered. Will stick to ski hills in Gogebic County. Can get season passes at 2 hills for one at Brule and much better hills. Now the pros are wonderful and friendly staff. Nicely groomed and well kept resort. Just not for us.

Visited March 2013
Green Bay, WI
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A GREAT family vacation”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

So friendly and accomodating, we felt very well cared for. They do a great job, and the skiing is very good too.

Visited January 2013
Waterman, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great value for families.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I am a novice skier so I can't speak much about the quality of the ski trails. They met my needs and my 6yo had a fantastic time. They have plenty of trails to choose from easy to hard. We went down 7 different trails. The wee-ski program is a good deal and the staff does a great job teaching the kids how to ski and makes it fun. They have plenty of ski lifts and the most we waited was maybe 10 minutes. The main lodge is small and basic. They do have a cafeteria for food. Many people pack their own lunch. The lunch room is very crowded during peak times. Don't miss the Homestead lodge that is halfway down Homestead trail. It is a great easy place for lunch, or just to get warm and have a drink. It is an old lumberjack lodge and is heated with wood burning stoves. We also had a dinner here on a Sat. night which was fantastic. 12 dollars for all you can eat pulled pork, barbecue chicken, baked beans, applesauce, mashed potatoes, and salad. It even included a beer. Afterward they offered tubing all you can ride for four dollars. One of the great things about Ski Brule is no lift fee until the kids are older than 9. Free wi-fi at the resort is a plus since this area is remote and finding a cell signal let alone wi-fi can be difficult. My family will definitely be returning to Ski Brule.

2 Thank Marcus R
Chasselay, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best over all ski resort in the midwest”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

You will not find a ski area that has more friendly management, lift operaters, servers, food service, housing and staff, than Ski Brule. The Ski runs are always well groomed and safe. This is the best variety of recreation amenities for family. Safety is a top priority at Brule which teams with the National Ski Patrol to make sure the best on hill care is available if a ski injury should occur.
Looking forward to our next visit to Ski Brule.

Visited January 2013