“Best Econo Lodge in U.P. MI or WI”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
GreenLeadersGold level
Mosinee, Wisconsin
“Best Econo Lodge in U.P. MI or WI”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

They recently remodeled many of their rooms since I've last stayed here. New beds, carpet, furniture, TVs and bathtubs with jets.

Very nice for the price you pay. If you're a diamond member with Choice Hotels like I am, 40+ stays per year, you get a free room upgrade and can potentially get a $125/ night suite for like $52 inc taxes! Beat that Priceline!

Their staff is very nice. Even though their breakfast doesn't start until 6am, they said they would set up early for me at 5:30 when I had to leave for work.
Very nice hotel that puts customers first with a great price for their rooms and great quality of service. I'd rather stay here than the other choice hotel in Iron Mountain; Comfort Inn, which charges at least $76/ night for rooms and they're not as nice as the Econo Lodge rooms. Their staff is nice too, but I think I'll keep my $30!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank corrigan004
Danielle H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Corrigan-
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such great feedback. We sincerely appreciate your kind words as well as your business. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to better serve you in the future, and we look forward welcoming you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

the econo lodge staff is the friendliest and most courteous I have ever encountered. The pool is very nice and the rooms are excellent and spotless! overall a very good place to stay for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Danielle H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear ZarnoldE-

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Danielle Hoaglund
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was in town on business and booked the Econo Lodge. The staff and hotel made my trip much easier and more comfortable. The rooms and furniture have been updated recently. WiFi signal was solid and helped me get a lot of work done. The room looked great and the bed was comfortable. The pool is a decent size and there is a hot tub. The front desk keeps fresh baked cookies on hand and they really go the extra mile to make your stay comfortable. With my military discount, the room was an even better deal! Thanks Econo Lodge.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south/east wing are preferable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Danielle H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear HT8541-

We at EconoLodge greatly appreciate your business and strive to make your stay comfortable and easy every time. We value our guest's opinions as it is a very helpful insight on what we are doing right, as well as what we can do better. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and we hope to see you again soon (where we will have our fresh cookies ready for you!)

Respectfully,
Danielle Hoaglund
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a little getaway in March. It was quiet, but the service was outstanding! And the room was WAY better than I was expecting. We stayed in room 208, which was newly remodeled and had jets in the tub! The king sized bed was so luxurious, and you can't beat the value! The pool area and hot tub were small, but we felt as if we had it all to ourselves!

• Stayed March 2013
Danielle H, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience with us...Insight like yours helps make our days a little brighter when we know we were able to provide you with the quality stay and service you deserve! We also appreciate your feedback about our hotel as it helps future guests to make an informed decision when choosing lodging accommodations. Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the future!

Respectfully,

Danielle M. Hoaglund
Iron Mountain, Michigan
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Due to the new decor and upgrades, I now stay at the New Econo lodge in Iron Mountain whenever I am in town. Staff are first rate and go the extra mile for me each time, any problems I encounter are readily corrected. I agree with the great value and love the new rewards program that Danielle signed me up for and the staff continue to help me with at each visit. Other reviews are right about age of hotel, some room noise due to plumbing and thin walls, wood floors, etc but overall improvment with new rooms. I see progress at each visit. Housekeeping must be much improved as well, my room always cleaned from floor up with bed made and fresh towels consistently. Another bonus is location right in middle of town on major hwy makes it convenient to almost everything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business